Italian Restaurants, Oahu

5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

Che Pasta
    by VeronicaG

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Che Pasta: When You're Aching For Italian...

by VeronicaG Updated Jul 10, 2008

It was our last day in Oahu and we had spent the morning touring Iolani Palace. After inquiring as to a nearby place to eat, we were directed to Che Pasta. We were definitely in the mood for Italian food!

A smiling host immediately met us at the door and guided us to a table in the middle of dining area. Our waitress, on the other hand, wasn't chatty or friendly.

The dining area was of intimate size with small tables throughout. It was a cozy space. We were glad to have a cool spot in which to relax and enjoy our lunch.

I thought the Cannoli Bolognese ($12.50) sounded great--I was right! My husband and grandson ordered Pizza, which they cleaned off the plate pretty thoroughly.

Che Pasta is opened for lunch and dinner, plus offers full service catering. Conveniently located downtown, seems to be a choice of the business crowd.

Che Pasta
    • Seniors
    • Singles

• Donato's: Authentic Italian in the midst of Hawai'i

by RblWthACoz Updated Jan 21, 2006

There are a few factors that would cause me to be picky about an Italian restaurant in Hawai'i. First off, half of my blood is Sicilian. Second, it's Hawai'i. Donato's is as serious a restaurant as you can find. If it were on the mainland, it would be delivering heavy competition to any restaurant - regardless of the style of cuisine. This is authentic Italian food you would be ecstatic to find anywhere in the world - not just in Hawai'i. Even though some people give Donato's mixed reviews, I enjoyed everything (all four courses) when I went there, so I have to pass the tip on.

Ask to be seated upstairs.

Instant Answers: Oahu