Places to eat in Oahu

Fried Rice
    by cjg1

Most Viewed Restaurants in Oahu

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar: Great views!

by Yaqui Written Apr 27, 2014

We had dinner here and sat at a table that looked out to the ocean. This restaurant has been in business for 33 years and is located in the Outrigger Reef Hotel. It overlooks the ocean its beach front bar specializes in all kinds of wonderful drinks too. We decided to eat the salad bar and were not dissappointed. There was plenty to choose from. Happy Hour is very popular here with great Mai Tai's.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Good food!

by Yaqui Written Apr 27, 2014

We've eaten at these chain restaurants before and have never been disappointed. This one was especially nice because it opened up at top, so you have a wonderful view and a cool breeze. I didn't especially like walking thru the gift store to get to the stairs to the restaurant though. The service was good, the food was delicious, but the pricing was a little high. Still we enjoyed our visit here.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Laniākea Café: Ford Islands Finest:)

by Yaqui Written Apr 27, 2014

While on a tour of Pearl Harbor, we stopped to explore the Pacific Aviation Museum. This museum has a snack bar called the Laniākea Café. It has a WWII theme and they serve gourmet burgers, sandwiches, fresh island salads ono (yummy) fries, daily special entrees such as stir fry, mahi mahi, pasta specialties, BBQ ribs and much more. We needed a snack so we shared of course some yummy fries.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Eggs N' Things: A nice surprise!

by Yaqui Written Apr 27, 2014

We tried eating somewhere new each night. This little restaurant sat up on the second floor. We sat on the balcony only because it was much cooler than inside the restaurant. Something to keep in mind while in Hawaii, because not everyone has aircondition. The service was awesome, the place was clean and the food was good. We enjoyed eating here very much. You get your monies worth here too.

• Work Abroad

Fumi's: Shrimp Farm

by Yaqui Written Apr 27, 2014

While on a island tour of O'ahu, our tour guide stopped here for a lunch break a roadside Mom and Pop restaurant. The shrimp I had was fresh from their shrimp farm that is directly behind the building. The food was not bad, nor the price. The picnic tables were really dirty. We made the best of it. Not a bad experience, not great either.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Vit's Hawaiian Steak House: Good food and spirits!

by Yaqui Updated Apr 27, 2014

This restaurant is just around the corner from where we were staying, Wydham Royal Gardens. While we were exploring our block, we noticed it and decided we were going to try it out that night. Each time we ate here, a very friendly gentleman met us at the door and seated us anywhere we wanted. We had preferred to eat out on the patio and we enjoyed it. We enjoyed the service, the food, and atmosphere. They have excellent Mai Tai's!!

Favorite Dish: I had the Coconut Shrimp $20.95 and my hubby had the Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich $12.95.

Panda Express: Pa'ina Lanai Food Court

by Yaqui Updated Apr 25, 2014

Located on level 2 is the Pa'ina Lanai Food Court in the Royal Hawaiin Center with a wide selection of different restaurants. Gourmet Chinese food- Orange Chicken, Beef With broccoli, Honey Walnut Shrimp, Kung Pao Chicken, Chicken string bean, fried rice and chow mein and much more.

• Architecture

Eggs n Things (Express): Good Inexpensive Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Mar 17, 2014

Eggs n Things is a chain of restaurants with three locations in the Waikiki/Honolulu area. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. This location in particular is open daily with hours from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

My wife and I awoke early around 5am (our normal wake up time at home) and were starving. We knew Eggs and Things were right down the block from the Hyatt and opened early so we took showers, go dressed and headed over. It was a very short walk from our hotel; about five minutes.

Surprisingly even at opening(6am) the place was pretty crowded with diners. We got on line to look at the menu; placed our order with the cashier, paid and waited to be seated. I ordered the corned beef hash with eggs that came with a side of buttermilk pancakes, rice or potatoes; I chose potatoes. My wife ordered the waffle and a large POG juice.

Since it was very hot inside the restaurant we chose to have a table outside on the sidewalk. We had a seat and a few minutes later our server arrived with our table settings, assorted syrups and condiments and our beverages.

Our food came out quickly and was actually pretty good. I expected the hash to be canned and it was but it didn't detract from the meal. My wife enjoyed her waffle and loved that she had a variety of syrups to choose from especially the coconut and Guava(the maple syrup was the imitation kind..yuck). The POG juice was very good and even I liked sharing a sip or two. This was a good breakfast and I'd definitely return but only early in the a.m. as the lines get crazy come 7:30.

Waffle with Powdered Sugar POG Juice Eggs, Hash and Potatoes Liz and I enjoying Breakfast (January 2014) Guava, Maple & Coconut Syrups
    • Spa and Resort
    • Beaches

Duke's: Good Pizza & Drinks

by cjg1 Updated Mar 17, 2014

Duke's is a popular bar/restaurant in Waikiki located in the Outrigger Hotel (downstairs from the Hula Grill). This place is massive with a large bar area; the Barefoot bar that has a large self seating table area as well as two wooden bars. The dining area is on the other side for "sit down" meals but you can still order foot from the bar.

We spent quite a lot of time at this place during our January 2014 trip. Previous trips to this place was just too crowded to find a seat so we gave up trying. We were here four times; 3 for the bar and once to eat. The bar menu has all sorts of drink offerings, wine, beer, mixed drinks and Tropical Specialties such as Mai Tais and Lava Flows. They also have a food menu with burgers, calamari, pizza and the usual bar food.

Twice we sat at the bar enjoying talking to patrons while enjoying some tasty drinks; Mai Tais and Lava Flows. Our third time we scored a nice seat overlooking the beach which was very nice while enjoying our drinks with our friends Bob and Barbara who flew in from Maui to see us.

I like this place when it is not madhouse packed and you can actually find a seat. Service here is very good and they make incredible drinks but definitely not cheap in price. I like that their Mai Tais are served in Glass Tiki Heads like they are at the Hula Grill upstairs. My wife loves the Lava Flows here and they have recently changed their formula so it tastes even better than before. The food we can't speak a lot about as we only have had their pizza but that was quite good.

I really love the location here and the view of Waikiki beach. Being in this hub of activity makes for some excellent people watching and the opportunity to meet all sorts of people. We met many people when sitting at the bar including a family from Queensland who were shocked we knew their town and had friends that lived there...it is a small world. It's a fun casual vibe here so it is definitely a great place to hand back with a drink. I will definitely return here on our next visit to Waikiki; which is already booked.

Pepperoni Pizza

Leonard's Bakery: Malassada Maddness

by cjg1 Updated Mar 7, 2014

Leonard's Bakery is an institution in the area and known for their delicious Malassada. A Malassada is a Portuguese donut; basically fried dough without the hole. They come in different varieties such as sugar, cinnamon sugar and with fillings such as custard and jelly. They have flavors of the Month posted inside on the menu board. Yes, the bakery has traditional donuts, pies, cakes and cookies but we were here for the Malassadas.

I first heard of the Malassada from one of my wife's friends who was born and raised on Oahu. Funny how I had been here before and never heard of them... The bakery was a short walk from the hotel and we knew we were in the right spot when we saw the line...Whoa....this place is popular.

We decided to try a few different kinds: cream, cinnamon sugar, and jelly. Delicious doesn't begin to describe them...they are sort of a cross between a coffee roll and a zepole. I have to say I liked the cinnamon sugar the best. The fillings seemed to detract from the tastiness of the dough. We liked them so much we had to grab a box of them for the plane ride home. This place is a must if you are in the area...it's so worth it!!!

We recently returned in 2014 and enjoyed some of our favorite flavors; cinnamon sugar and cream filled. We arrived nice and early right after opening; so no long lines.

Sugar, Cinnamon Sugar and Cream filled Jelly and sugar

Round Table Pizza: Good Pizza

by cjg1 Updated Feb 3, 2014

Round Table Pizza is a chain place (didn't know it until after we ate here) with several locations in the Honolulu area. My wife and I first came here after a long day at the beach and were just looking for a quick easy bite to eat close to our hotel. The restaurant was down the block from the Hyatt; right next to Keoni's(awesome breakfast spot).

The menu posted on the street looked good so we decided to go inside. It is a nice sized restaurant with a large dining room with tables as well as bar seating. The place was really hopping and we managed to snag a nice table by the window. The menu has a large selection of pizza, appetizers, sandwiches and salads. If you prefer; you can create your own pizza by selection choice of crust, sauces, cheeses and a large variety of toppings.

A specific specialty pizza caught my eye; the Thai Chicken Pizza. I ordered this in a personal size with a pepsi. My wife chose a traditional cheese personal pizza with a pepsi. As we waited for our pizza we were able to people watch out of their large open windows and take in a football game on one of the many TV's throughout the place.

Our pizzas arrived about ten minutes after ordering and were bubbling hot. We had to wait a few seconds before digging into our pizza to allow it to cool sufficiently. From the first bite; I loved my pizza. The flavors were amazing and the pizza crust was so thin and crispy. My wife loved her pizza and said for a non-New York pizza it was very good.

We left here happy and satisfied with our meal. We enjoyed it so much we cam back later in the week for their lunch specials.

Thai Personal Pizza Cheese Personal Pizza Pepsi Liz waiting for her pizza Enjoying this nice casual joint (January 2014)

Laniâkea Café: Excellent Pineapple Fried Rice

by cjg1 Updated Feb 3, 2014

My wife and I had a long day of touring Pearl Harbour, the Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum and were in need of something to eat. Fortunately for us the Laniâkea Café was located in the Pacific Aviation Museum right at the end of our tour.

The cafe was a nice size with plenty of tables. The cafe is cafeteria style where you place your order at the register, pay for your order and are handed a number to place at your table of choice. Your food is brought to you when ready.

The menu had a large variety of food; hot dogs, chicken, hamburgers and some local specialties. My wife wasn't super hungry so she ordered a small order of french fries. I on the other hand wanted something more substantial and went with the tasty sounding Pineapple Fried Rice.

I have to say this cafe impressed me. My pineapple fried rice was made to order and incredibly delicious...it was one of the best meals I had on this trip.

Pineapple Fried Rice French Fries

Regency Club Lounge: A Nice Hyatt Diamond Perk

by cjg1 Updated Feb 3, 2014

One of the perks I love about being Diamond Status with Hyatt is the Club Access. The Hyatt Regency in Waikiki's Club is on level three of the hotel and is a nice sized club. The club consists of a nice indoor space with tables, and couches. There is a terrace as well with tables, couches and a fire pit with a great view of Waikiki Beach below.

The club provides a nice breakfast in the morning as well as snack and drinks throughout the day and evening. This was a nice place to enjoy a good breakfast, pick up a snack or just relax with a drink. My wife and I found the service here to be excellent as was the food and drinks. I look forward to my next visit at this Hyatt.

Bagel with Cream Cheese and POG Juice Enjoying breakfast on the terrace Fruit and POG juice Enjoying the terrace

Haagen Dazs: Ice Cream Treats

by cjg1 Updated Feb 3, 2014

Sometimes you just want a nice ice cream treat when on vacation.... During our last trip to Hawaii my wife and I were in the mood for ice cream and we satisfied this craving at Haagen Dazs. Everyone knows Haagen Dazs as it is a huge chain globally. They serve a variety of ice cream flavors, sorbets and yogurts as well as specialty coffees and shakes.

My wife wanted a chocolate waffle cone and i tried their cookies and cream milkshake. Prices are typical of the brand and the total was almost $15 for our items. Despite the gray appearance of my shake it was very delicious; I'd definitely get it again. My wife loved her chocolate cone but couldn't finish it all.

Liz's Cone My milkshake

MAC 24/7: Good Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Feb 3, 2014

My wife and I wanted to find an early morning breakfast spot before we headed out for our Pearl Harbour tour. I googled and found Mac 24/7 located at the Hilton Hotel. The place was a short 5 minute walk from the Hyatt.

The restaurant is located on the lobby level of the hotel on the other side of reception. The hostess sat us at a nice booth and handed us some menus. This place looks like a small diner in appearance with booths lining one wall and a large counter with seating on the other. Surprisingly at 5am there were other people here enjoying some breakfast as well.

The menu had the usual breakfast offerings: eggs, breads, cereals, fruit, yogurt, french toast, pancakes, waffles and breakfast meats. We both chose to have bagels; i had cream cheese while my wife opted for butter. As for drinks; I ordered a Root Beer while my wife surprised me an ordered a Vanilla Shake.

The food came out rather quickly and we dug in. The bagels were quite good for non-New York bagels. I enjoyed my Root Beer and stole several sips of Liz's milkshake which was excellent in my opinion.

I'm glad we found a 24 hour option in Waikiki as one never knows if jet lag and time change might make you wake up at 3am looking for food.

Enjoying an early breakfast (January 2014) Bagel with butter rootbeer Bagel with Cream Cheese Vanilla Milkshake

Oahu Hotels

18 Reviews - 46 Photos
Ewa Beach Hotels
3 Reviews - 20 Photos

Instant Answers: Oahu

Comments

Oahu Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Oahu restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oahu sightseeing.
Map of Oahu