The Outrigger Waikiki, Oahu

French toast
    My yummy pancakes
    Seafood Eggs Benedict with homefries
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Hula Grill: Our breakfast was excellent!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 28, 2015

We've been here several times and the food is always good. We really do enjoy the breakfast here which is EXCELLENT.

The restaurant is located in the Outrigger Waikiki Beach, overlooking the beautiful beach with nice tables and excellent views. There's also a really nice bar here too, which we have frequented on occassion for a few drinks before or after dinner. The waitstaff are very attentive without being too over bearing which makes for a pleasant dining experience.

The breakfast menu was quite varied with a few local and common breakfast items. I decided to go with the Seafood Eggs Benedit, OMG, what an excellent choice. I usually stay away from certain foods that can upest my stomach, espeically certain breakfast items, but there are times where I really like to try new items off the menu.

My sweetie loves Spam, so he decided to have the Spam and scrambled eggs. He totally enjoyed his breakfast as well and decided to make this a place to come to again and again.

We've been lucky to always be seated at an outside table overlooking the ocean and the views of Diamond Head and being there with my sweetie in a beautiful place couldn't be any better.

Favorite Dish: I had the Seafood Eggs Benedict, which came with a side of home fries which were quite yummy, Ferni had the Spam and eggs which he enjoyed.

Our recent visit for breakfast again was just as good as the first time. I had the pancakes with macadamia nuts and my love had the French toast!

Seafood Eggs Benedict with homefries Ferni's breakfast My yummy pancakes French toast
    • Spa and Resort

• keida84's Profile Photo

The Hula Grill at The Outrigger Waikiki: Gotta have those Macadamia Nut Pancakes

by keida84 Updated Dec 26, 2005

Kris and I found the Hula Grill when we asked the concierge at the hotel where does she like to eat breakfast? Answer The Hula Grill at the Outrigger Waikiki.

The restaurant is beachfront so we asked our hostess for a rail table. She said it might be a few minutes but very soon a table opened and we were seated.

The service from the hostess to the manager was warm and friendly. You felt like you were at someone's home for breakfast.

Favorite Dish: Oh, well, we came for one thing...Banana Macadamia pancakes with coconut syrup. I will tell you it did not disappoint! Not only was the service excellent, but the food was very well prepared. So good in fact, we returned the next day for eggs and things.

The prices were extremely reasonable, especially for an ocean front dining area.

Highly recommend--5 Stars