Bakery /Treats, Oahu

Know about this? Rate It!

• Bakery /Treats
    by cjg1
    Who can resist a smiley Pineapple?
  • Bakery /Treats
  • Marilu33's Profile Photo

The Cookie Corner: Top Choice for Shortbread Cookies

by Marilu33 Written Jan 30, 2015

Cookie Corner is a chain of shops featuring cookies made on the island with fresh island ingredients like butter, eggs and macadamia nuts. There are at least two on Kalakaua Avenue, the main road along the Waikiki beaches so I could find one either way I walked from our hotel.

They have a full range of cookies, like oatmeal raisin or peanut butter, but I only tried the shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate and a cookie I call a wedding cookie (they called it something else) that is round, covered in powdered sugar and is a shortbread with pecans.

I thought their chocolate dipped shortbread with and without macadamia nuts were exceptionally rich and delicate, and since I was eating them alongside the Honolulu Cookie company cookies, (Which are also excellent) I was able to compare, and have to say I liked the Cookie Corner cookies the best. The 'wedding' cookies were the BEST. We could never eat just one or two, and I had to keep going back and getting more. (Diet spoiler alert!) The wedding cookies may be seasonal. We were there at Christmas. They were in holiday packaging and are not featured on the website.

What to buy: Be smart and buy two bigger sized bags of the wedding cookies at a time! I also liked the boxed assortment of shortbread cookies partly dipped in chocolate. They have fresh cookies in a counter case for sale individually too.

What to pay: The bag of cookies was $7 or $8. The box of shortbread cookies is $25.

• Beaches

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Bakery /Treats: Dole Plantation

by Yaqui Written May 12, 2014

We stopped here while on our island tour. Wow, Dole Plantation sells just about a little bit of everything. Gold, food, crafts, clothes, souvenirs, and the list goes on. My husband bought us these pineapple smoothies. Wow, very yummy!

We didn't get to see the Pineapple Express Mini Train, Plantation Garden, World Largest Maze and the Plantation Grille.

• Museum Visits

Honolulu Cookie Company: Tasty Cookies

by cjg1 Updated Feb 7, 2014

The Honolulu Cookie Company is a chain of shops that sell gourmet shortbread cookies. You can find stores all over Honolulu as well as in the airport. They sell cookies loosely or in boxes as gifts. They have a variety of flavors and some cookies are chocolate or coconut covered.

My favorite cookie here is their Butter Macadamia; a tasty shortbread cookie with macadamia nuts. I love that it is shaped like a pineapple for a bit of added fun. My wife cannot have nuts so she usually has their Lilikoi Mango; which is a pink cookie shaped like a pineapple. I'm not a fan of Mango so this isn't the cookie for me.

We often bring back cookies for family and friends. Their Ultimate Collection Gift box is always a hit with the folks back home as it has a sample of all their flavors. It is also easy to transport as it comes in a nice tin.

What to pay: Inexpensive; I think our cookies are a $1 a piece and the tin of cookies is a bit under $25.

Coco Cove: Local Items

by cjg1 Updated Feb 7, 2014

Coco Cove is much like an ABC store. They carry a large selection of souvenir items such as post cards, magnets, tee shirts and the like. They also carry a large variety of local food items such as: macadamian nuts, Guava Syrup, Hawaiian sea salts and Kona coffee. They also have a large selection of locally made bath and body products as well as housewares. On one side of the store are small grocery items and a deli.

My wife and I purchased a few items from here: Lilikoi and guava syrups, Sea Salts, a spicy rub for pork and a stuffed pineapple for our nephew back home. Prices are reasonable for the area.

Who can resist a smiley Pineapple?

Food Pantry: Snacks

by cjg1 Updated Feb 5, 2014

Food Pantry is a grocery store that was conveniently located close to our hotel (Hyatt Waikiki). This was a great place to pick up some drinks and snacks for the room as well as for the plane ride home. Prices are typical for the area and they had some local specialties that we took home to enjoy.

• Hawaii Doggie Bakery & Gift Shop: Need a souvenir for your dog from Hawai'i?

by RblWthACoz Written Jan 19, 2006

This would be a standard bakery and shop for dogs...except...it's in Hawai'i. The bakery makes a lot of island style treats for your dog and they also sell a lot of island style merchandise too. Want some sushi for your dog? (it's really a biscuit) Doggie Dim Sum? Tail Waggin' Wontons? By the way, you can also mail order if you really find something you must have.

What to buy: all sorts of things to spoil your already spoiled dog with

• Daiei: Noodles, sashimi, leis, and blueberry gum

by RblWthACoz Updated Jan 9, 2006

Daiei is thee place to shop for groceries on Oahu. Based in Japan, Daiei has a few locations on the island. I always felt the one closest to Ala Moana was the best. There is a huge selection of products from all over Asia. There are numerous aisles of noodles alone. Not to mention 50 different types of rice. It can be fun just to browse around and check out all the interesting and unique products. And don't forget the candy aisle. There is one whole area filled with treats from Japan. A lot of unique stuff. Like blueberry gum!! Yep. Blueberry. Bring me some back if you go please. I love blueberry. If you want a snack, or want to prepare something for lunch or dinner, their seafood selection is extensive, with chunks of fish for sushi and sashimi available for purchase. Their selection of leis is pretty good too if you want to buy one that is more unique than the traditional single orchid style.

I recently heard that the four Daiei stores were sold to a different Japanese company. I am hoping they stay the same as far as selection goes. It would be a dying shame (and bad business) if things got changed too much.

What to buy: All sorts of oddities...sashimi, exotic fruits, Japanese candy, blueberry gum, and any groceries you might want - especially 100% Kona coffee- need, or have never heard about...they also have li hing mui items here as well (check out my review on li hing mui if you haven't already)

What to pay: average grocery store prices

Instant Answers: Oahu