Stores, Malls or Markets in Oahu

by cjg1

Most Viewed Shopping in Oahu

Shops at the Hilton Hawaiian Village: A Little Bit of Everything

by cjg1 Updated Sep 12, 2013

My wife and I were in the mood to explore; so we decided to walk back towards the cruise ship terminal. Along our way we stopped into the Hilton Hawaiian Village to see what they had to ofer property wise. I must say that if you stay here you might never leave the resort. There are plenty of shops, dining options and entertainment to keep you captive on the resort property which is quite massive.

My wife and I wandered the property and explored the shopping venues. They had the usual shops you'd find in Oahu; ABC, Whaler's General Store, Maui Clothing Co., Tori Richards, Crazy Shirt,etc.

Coach Store: Searching for another great bag

by Gypsystravels Updated Aug 13, 2013

I was on the lookout for a new Coach bag for the season and armed with my 25% off discount coupon I decided to pay them a visit.

As I entered the store I was greated by a really nice sales girl. She asked if there was something in particular I was looking for and if I needed assistance she would gladly assist. I mentioned the bag I was eyeing and she immediately when out searching for it. After a few minutes she approached me with the bag...wow, it was exactly the right color and size that I was looking for to match a pair of sandals I had bough back home. I asked if she should keep the bag at the counter while I continued to look around the store.

The Coach Store has a nice selection of bags, scarves, wallets, shoes, jewelry and accesories with prices ranging from affordorable to expensive. Most bags are very resaonble about $300 or so unless you decide to purchae a "limited edition" bag whick always set you back at leat $600.

I didn't see anything else I wanted and just purchased my bag. I had a 25% discount which was even better, making my purchase only $300.

What to buy: I purcahsed a beautiful seasonal bag to match a pair of sandals. Price was $375 with a 25% discount my purchase was a little over $300.

• Luxury Travel

Crafts / Gift shops: Shops at Hilton Hawaiian Village

by Gypsystravels Updated Aug 13, 2013

We were staying at the HIlton Hawaiian Village during one of our visits and the shops where an easy and convenient place to do a little shopping without having to hit Kakaul .

We shopped at a few of the stores here, like the ABC store were we picked up a bottle of wine, some water and snacks for an outing we were doing. We also stopped in at the KoKo Boutique where Ferni purchased for me some beautiful pool/beach cover-ups. The Honolulu Cookie was a great place to buy some yummy cookies for my sister and daughter and of course we stopped in at the Crazy Shirts to see if we found another t-shirt for Ferni.

What to buy: Clothing, gifts, jewelry, food, drinks, coffee, etc.

What to pay: Prices vary from store to store, but the prices can be on the higher end.

• Spa and Resort

Crafts / Gift shops: All over Hawaii

by Gypsystravels Updated Aug 13, 2013

ABC Stores are found throughout the Hawaiian Islands and is a good place to find all those things Hawaiian. They have a nice selection of t-shirts, towels, shorts, jewelry, mugs, picture frames, tote bags, hats and caps, flip-flops, beach items like sun lotion and sun block, toiletries, food, water, drinks, and a host of other misc. items.

If you forgot your sunblock, no worries, you can pick up here. You can also find some really great gifts for those back at home. I love buying the Kona coffee, macadamia nuts, scented lotions and candles.

What to buy: I have purchased everyting from towels to picture frames to t-shirts for Leo, a pair of swim trunks for Ferni, water, sun tan lotion, goodies like macadamia nuts, coffee, a mug and a beach bag as well as a beach cooler.

What to pay: Prices are pretty reasonable.

International Market Place: Going Hawaiian

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 29, 2013

This is a great place to wander and pick up some jewelry or some souvenirs to take back home. By no means are the prices less expensive here, but you have a wide range of items to pick from. I would recommend that you walk to the back of the market where prices are more reasonable, and don't forget to bargain down the prices.

What to buy: I purchased some beautiful bangle bracelets for my daughter, some leis, and ankle bracelet, some key chains and a few shark tooth necklaces and some really nice phone charms.

What to pay: Mid range but you can bargain the prices

Hawaiin Flare
    • Beer Tasting

Crazy Shirt: Another TShirt for Ferni

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 29, 2013

Ferni usually makes it a point to stop in at this shop whenver we are in Hawaii. They have a few locations in Oahu, Maui, Kaui, the Big Island and well as stores on the mainland.

They carry a very nice selection of unique inspired t-shirts either long or short sleeved as well as a host of other casual items like shorts, caps, polo shirts, tank tops, swimwear as well as sweats, hoodies and beach attire.

The quality and design of the shirts are worth the extra $ you pay. Ferni has about 3 t-shirts and one long sleeve and they wash very well, do not shrink. He has two of the hats to co-ordinate with two of the t-shirts.

If you are a repeat customer like we are I'd suggest that you get their customer discount card. They stamp it with the amount of your purchases.

What to buy: Ferni has the Wylan T-shirt which he paid $38, the Wylan cap at $25, Mano Da Predator long sleeve tshirt which he paid $33, Tribal Mani Eha $27, Mano Dive Aumakua $27 and the Circuling Shark Hat $25.

Nine West: Shoe shopping in Waikiki

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 29, 2013

I always make time to shop around for some great shoes or sandals no matter where I travel to. While in Honolulu I walked into a few shops until I came across Nine West. Nine West is a national chain store and I can probably get the same shoes back home but sometimes locality makes the items more unique.

I've purchased quite a few pairs of sandals while in Oahu, there is something about purchasing a new pair of sandals at a tropical location.

The shoes are quite sexy!

What to buy: I've purchased many pairs of sandals at this location, most recently the tan colored wedge sandal, nice pair to add to my every growing stock pile of shoes.

What to pay: Anywhere between $29-$129

Most recent purchase 1/2012 I just love shoes!! Nice off white pair

Malibu Shirts: Tees for All

by cjg1 Updated May 15, 2013

Malibu Shirts was a great store for tee shirts. I love wearing tee shirts and this place had some great ones.

They specialize in Vintage prints; so there are some really interesting shirts with old Hawaiian logos and travel motifs. The feel and quality of the shirts are excellent and hold up their shape after washing. On this trip I found two shirst I liked; one with an old Hawaiian Inter Island Plane and another with a shave ice logo. Both shirts were $30 a piece; decent price.

So Real: Tropical Flowers for Hair

by cjg1 Updated Mar 19, 2013

For years my wife has been wearing flowers in her hair during the summer months or on a beach/tropical vacation; so this was the store for her. So real has a large selection of flower hair accesories: clips, combs, hair bands and in a rainbow of colors. The flowers are plumeria, hibiscus and orchids and come in a range of sizes from very small to very large ornamental pieces.

My wife purchased several of the plumeria clips as well as some of the life like orchid clips for herself and a girlfriend back home. The quality was very good considering how inexpensive they were. The orchids in particular were so life-like that people on the cruise ship thoigh they were real when she wore them.

This is definitely a shop to visit if you like to accesorize with a flower in your hair.,

Tori Richard: Tropical Inspired Clothing

by cjg1 Updated Sep 26, 2012

Tori Richard is a store that has men and womens clothes with an island theme to it. The stores has a nice selection of men's shirts, pants and shorts. The shirts range in price and in fabric with cotton, linen and silk shirts. The selection of women's clothing ranged from casual to elegant resort wear with dresses, tops, skirts and accessories. The clothing is perfect for an island holiday or even a cruise. The clothes are well made and built for comfort without breaking the bank.

There are several stores on the island of Oahu and a location in Maui. As we walked by the Ala Moana Shopping Center, we noticed a dress in the window. Right away I knew we were going in; it was that eye catching. The store was a nice size with men's clothing to the right and women's to the left. The sales girl greeted us warmly and Liz requested the dress in her size. It happened that her size was the one on the manequin, not a shocker it happens to us frequently. After trying on the dress we were both sold. The purple color, the cut and fit of the dress was a perfect island dress.

As we walked out of the dressing room a shirt caught my eye; a nice white linen shirts with pastel embroidery. I also saw a nice silk shirt with a sandcastle design. Liz found my size in one of the shirts as the sales girl checked for the other shirt. After trying on the shirts; I knew I wanted them. They were light and comfortable with well made fabric. Liz also found a perfume she liked which had a sweet Jasmine fragrance.

The sales girl rang up our purchases and added us to the mailing list for the store. Our items were wrapped in tissue paper and put in a cool looking bag that resembeled an old steamer trunk.

What to buy: Anything you'd want to wear for an island holiday or cruise.

What to pay: The prices here were very reasonable. Liz's dress was $108 and her perfume was $26. My linen shirt was actually on sale and was $87. The silk shirt was $130.

Liz's new dress

• fishandchips's Profile Photo

International Market Place: Nik Nak Central

by fishandchips Written Sep 12, 2012

The market has a wide variety of items that make great gifts for those back at home and as trip souveniers. Plenty of people trying to sell everything from tee shirts to cheap (and nasty) ukuleles and jewellery. Prices to match the quality though do bargain!!

International Market

• fitbod's Profile Photo

Hilo Hatties: Anything You Could Wish For, Hawaiian Style

by fitbod Updated Apr 4, 2011

Hilo Hatties carries great Hawaiin clothing with bright colors and patterns you think of when you think of Hawaii!! Some clothing comes with a matching partner in the opposite sexes line.

You will also find food, gifts, local crafts, jewelry, music, staionary, toys, agmes,bath and beauty, childrens' clothes...do I need to go on?? You get the idea!

In the entranceway be sure to have your camera ready!! There is THE world's largest shirt, size 400XL...oh yes, you read that right!

What to buy: Hawaiin shirts and dresses, jewelry: island-style, Macadamia nuts, coconut candies and anything else your little heart desires!

What to pay: As little or as much as you like....sorry, I know that is a cop-out....lol.

A BIG SHIRT
    • Seniors

• pamstravels's Profile Photo

Aloha Stadium Swap Meet: Shop until you drop - Aloha Stadium

by pamstravels Updated Apr 4, 2011

Aloha Stadium has all the touristy items you want to buy to give as gifts -jewelry, clothes, crafts, food and more. This is the stadium where the Pro Bowl is played in. The vendors set up their booths in the parking lot all around the stadium. The entry cost is 50cents or $1, I can't remember. But definately reasonable.

Much cheaper than the boutiques on Waikiki or International Market place. The only thing that might be cheaper is Wal-Mart. We shopped here to buy all the souveniers that are expected from us then mailed them home from the post office at the Honolulu Airport a couple miles away. That way we didn't have to lug it around with us.

What to buy: Open Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday

Matt eating more Shave Ice at Swap Meet

Island Favorites: Another ABC Type Store

by cjg1 Updated Jun 9, 2010

Island Favorites is another form of ABC stores (didn't know it until I saw the receipt and it said ABC on it). They sell the same merchandise as ABC and for similar prices. They have clothing, children's items, coffee, food, coffee, swimwear, beach towels, toys, tolietries, souvenirs, gifts etc...all for reasonable prices. They are not as abundantant in locations as ABC stores(in name) but we sure ran into enough of them.

The prices here are very cheap so it is possible to get all you souvenirs for back home at these store and not break the bank.

What to buy: I purchased a few tee shirts here as well as another Hello Kitty Tee shirt for my wife. She can never have too much Hello Kitty...

What to pay: The tee shirts were $9.99 and her shirt was $7.99.

Hello Hawaiian Kitty Kona Coffee Get Nuts... Tee shirts galoreChildren's dreses Children's dresses

Little People Hawaii: Children's Clothing and Accessories

by cjg1 Updated Jun 8, 2010

After a meal at the Hula Grill upstairs we wandered into this shop because of a tee shirt on the wall. The tee shirt was identical to a shirt Liz had bought in Sydney except it had "Hawaii" instead of "Sydney" written on the bottom. We went inside and asked the saleswoman for a large. She asked how old our child was and we said it wasn't for a child but for Liz. A bit surprised but not schocked after we told her the story of the Sydney shirt. After slipping the shirt over her head; it fit just fine with room to spare. The shirt was a medium blue with a shark on the front with "Bite me" written underneath it. We both found this shirt amusing and had to buy it. For $12.99 it was a bargain.

The shop has a variety of childrens clothing, toys and accessories. The saleswoman as it turns out was the owner and loves to keep the store stock with Polynesian dolls and items for children.

Oahu Hotels

18 Reviews - 46 Photos
Ewa Beach Hotels
3 Reviews - 20 Photos

Instant Answers: Oahu

Comments

Oahu Shopping

Reviews and photos of Oahu shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oahu sightseeing.
Map of Oahu