Waikiki, Oahu

Know about this? Rate It!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Waikiki: Hawaii Army Museum Society Museum Store

by Yaqui Updated Apr 25, 2014

This store has lots has wonderful selection of military apparel, 100/442nd RCT Collection 2013, "Go Army" Aloha Shirts, 25th Infantry Collection Apparel, Army, Bears, Books, Caps, Collectibles, Glassware, and Mugs Hawaiian History, Insignia Model Kits, Pearl Harbor Rosie the Riveter Shoulder & Tote Bags, U.S. Army Museum of Hawaii Logo, Veterans Vietnam, and so much more available here. There is even a very nice exhibit of the Army Museum by the front of the store.

• Museum Visits

Stupid Factory: Tee Shirts with a Message

by cjg1 Updated Feb 7, 2014

The Stupid Factoy is a store with some funny tee shirts, sweatshirts and magnets for those with a colorful take on life. My wife has numerous magnets from this store and loves the cheeky sense of humor. Liz spotted a black tank top in the shop that read "Come to the Dark Side...We have Cookies". This is her style of humor so she had to have it.

They had some really funny shirts for men, women and children so the whole family can get outfitted in one of these quirky ensembles.

The red shirt is for Annabelle

Chapel Hats: Sun Hats and More

by cjg1 Updated Feb 5, 2014

Chapel Hats is located right on Kalakaua Avenue right before you reach the International Marketplace. The store carries a variety fo hats for men and women; both dressy and casual. My wife loves her sun hats and is always on the lookout for large brimmed hats that will shade not only her face but her shoulders from the sun. My wife tans easily but is afraid of skin cancer so she loves to cover up when she is in the sun.

We found the perfect hat here. It was a large black and white hat with a huge brim that covered her shoulders. The hat was a nice tightly women construction and was even colapsible for easy packing. This was an easy buy and at a great price of only $45. Most of her hast are never under $120; so I was shocked the price was so low.

What to buy: Every hat you could imagine.

What to pay: A varying array of prices from $30-200.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Coach Store: Searching for another great bag

by Gypsystravels Updated Aug 13, 2013

I was on the lookout for a new Coach bag for the season and armed with my 25% off discount coupon I decided to pay them a visit.

As I entered the store I was greated by a really nice sales girl. She asked if there was something in particular I was looking for and if I needed assistance she would gladly assist. I mentioned the bag I was eyeing and she immediately when out searching for it. After a few minutes she approached me with the bag...wow, it was exactly the right color and size that I was looking for to match a pair of sandals I had bough back home. I asked if she should keep the bag at the counter while I continued to look around the store.

The Coach Store has a nice selection of bags, scarves, wallets, shoes, jewelry and accesories with prices ranging from affordorable to expensive. Most bags are very resaonble about $300 or so unless you decide to purchae a "limited edition" bag whick always set you back at leat $600.

I didn't see anything else I wanted and just purchased my bag. I had a 25% discount which was even better, making my purchase only $300.

What to buy: I purcahsed a beautiful seasonal bag to match a pair of sandals. Price was $375 with a 25% discount my purchase was a little over $300.

• Luxury Travel

Malibu Shirts: Tees for All

by cjg1 Updated May 15, 2013

Malibu Shirts was a great store for tee shirts. I love wearing tee shirts and this place had some great ones.

They specialize in Vintage prints; so there are some really interesting shirts with old Hawaiian logos and travel motifs. The feel and quality of the shirts are excellent and hold up their shape after washing. On this trip I found two shirst I liked; one with an old Hawaiian Inter Island Plane and another with a shave ice logo. Both shirts were $30 a piece; decent price.

Little People Hawaii: Children's Clothing and Accessories

by cjg1 Updated Jun 8, 2010

After a meal at the Hula Grill upstairs we wandered into this shop because of a tee shirt on the wall. The tee shirt was identical to a shirt Liz had bought in Sydney except it had "Hawaii" instead of "Sydney" written on the bottom. We went inside and asked the saleswoman for a large. She asked how old our child was and we said it wasn't for a child but for Liz. A bit surprised but not schocked after we told her the story of the Sydney shirt. After slipping the shirt over her head; it fit just fine with room to spare. The shirt was a medium blue with a shark on the front with "Bite me" written underneath it. We both found this shirt amusing and had to buy it. For $12.99 it was a bargain.

The shop has a variety of childrens clothing, toys and accessories. The saleswoman as it turns out was the owner and loves to keep the store stock with Polynesian dolls and items for children.

White House Black Market: Women's Clothing & Accesories

by cjg1 Updated Jun 7, 2010

White House Black Market is a national chain of stores that cary women's clothing, shoes and accesories. My wife is a fan of their merchandise and we always stop in one when we are travelling to see if there is anything "unique" to that particular location (we have in the past found items n their St. Thomas store that was unique to the location).

Clothing in this store is very affordable and can range from casual pants and tops to party dresses. The clothing primarily comes in "Black & White" but they occasional have items in other colors as "specials" for the season. They recently had an influx of blue itsms which my wife happily scooped up at our local store.

After perusing the pants, tops and dresses; we didn't see anything out of the ordinary or that she didn't already have. So we thanks the salesgirls and continued on with our shopping excursion.

What to buy: Anything from tops, pants, skirts, dresses, shoes and accesories.

What to pay: Affordable. Dresses can range from $78 and up to $200. Pants are usually in the $75-85 price range.

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Retail Store: Parrothead Gear

by cjg1 Updated May 20, 2010

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Retail Store has everything Maragritaville themed you could desire. Tee shirts, sweatshirts, glasses, post cards, Margarita Mix..all with the Jimmy Buffet Logo can be found here. I like to collect Jimmy Buffett Pilsner glasses from the various locations we have visited so I purchases two glasses and a pint glass.

What to pay: The glasses were $14 each.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Billabong: You can't have too many bathingsuits....

by cjg1 Updated May 19, 2010

Billabong specializes in beachwear/surfwear for men and women. This particular shop had only women's beach wear and swim suits. The selection was very good with suits in an array of colors and styles to suit any women's taste or style. My wife is usually on the look out for a new bathingsuit wherever we travel so I was not surprised we wound up in this store. The store was a nice size with large dispalys of swim suits, dresses, shorts and tee shirts on racks. As my wife browed I spotted a nice blue and white bikini on the rack. I called my wife over and she loved it as well. After trying it on to gauge the fit, we knew it was a keeper. I paid for the suit while she was still getting dressed; I liked it so much. The prices in this store were very reasonable with the bikini top and bottom being only $38 for each piece.

What to buy: Any bathingsuit or beachwear you could need or want.

What to pay: The top and bottom were $38 a piece.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Kalakaua Avenue Shops: Oahu's Premier Shopping District

by VeronicaG Updated Jul 15, 2008

We found ourselves on trendy Kalakaua Avenue nearly every night, for this seemed to be the hub of Oahu.

Kate Spade and Coach, Rolex and Bebe mingled with boutiques, well-known restaurants, luxury hotels and small souvenir type shops. Hoards of people walked the sidewalks each night making it a great place to people-watch.

As you stroll up the avenue, you'll encounter silver or gold spray painted 'statue men', street musicians and other hawkers, plus those who are just whiling away their evenings here. Lit up and sparkling, Kalakaua Avenue offers one and all an exciting side of the island!

What to buy: Very upscale shopping to bazaar-type souvenirs

Popular Kalakaua Avenue
    • Singles
    • Seniors

• iammon's Profile Photo

Tikitoes Brand: Auto Leis

by iammon Written Jun 2, 2008

This makes a nice souvenir for your car at home so that you can keep the aloha spirit . They are sold in different stores like ABC, Whalers Village or Hilo Hattie.

What to buy: Da original Island style stickers!

What to pay: 1$ up

• Fun4you's Profile Photo

The Pearl Factory: A Pearl Guaranteed in every Oyster!!!

by Fun4you Written May 4, 2006

The Pearl Factory has booths all through the Hawaiian islands. There is a big bucket of oysters you can choose from. There is a ceremonial tapping of the oyster shell and everyone shouts "ALOHA" before opening the pearl for good luck. The oyster is opened in front of you and they guarantee at least one pearl. Sometimes you get twins when the oyster is opened and occasional one of the rare blue/black or purple pearls rather than white or yellow. Pearls vary in size.

Kind of a cool gift for people back home. Each oyster is approx $13.95 ( not too expensive) - but where they make their money is getting you to have it set in anything from earring to rings to necklaces. Price has gone up since I was little - used to be $4.99/oyster! Fun thing to do. Really fun for kids and adults alike.

What to buy: Pearls, jewelry

What to pay: $13.99 and up

• Women's Travel

• joanj's Profile Photo

various: Ala Moana Centre

by joanj Written Aug 22, 2004

This shopping centre throngs with people and has many shops for you to spend your $$$.

It covers 50 acres of shopping area, with more than 200 shops, and is the largest open air shopping centre in the US.
    The food court can accommodate 980 persons.

The Centre opened in l959 the year Hawaii became a state with less than 90 stores. How it has grown !!!

What to buy: anything and everything

Ala Moana

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Waikiki: Whalers General Store

by Yaqui Written Apr 23, 2014

These are wonderful places where you can get drinks, snacks and gifts. They have a little bit of everything. Just keep in mind, items here a little pricey, but well worth it.

• Museum Visits