SeaLife Park, Oahu

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 9 Reviews

• GK2005's Profile Photo

Sizzling Sea Life Park !!

by GK2005 Written Apr 5, 2004

Sea Lion Show

The SeaLife Park situated slightly on the outskirts of the city center is a haven for under-water marine creatures that are nurtured, fed and taken care of. This is one place that kids would adore. There are a variety of shows involving dolphins, sea lions and birds and they are really a treat to watch.

Head to the Dolphin Cove first to watch the dolphins perform. Once you complete this, dont miss out on the Sea Lion show at the Kolohe Kai Surf Club. The sea lions put on a hilarious show and the child in your heart would want to make you jump up and down.

There is also the Ocean theatre where dolphins and penguins mingle with each other. Its fun to watch those tiny penguins run for cover when the big and friendly dolphins come swimming around. Its another great show for the kids.

The Stingray enclosure is a glass cage through which you can walk through spotting the stingrays floating over and on the sides. For more information on the park, access the link below.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

by Nathalie_B Written Jan 3, 2009

Sea Lion Show

What a great place to spend a day. You won’t be bored, this is for sure.
    We started our visit with a sea lions pool and a 30 minutes entertainment show, which is enjoyable not only for children but for adults as well.
    Then we proceeded to the giant turtles feeding, which was pretty funny to watch. Tiny penguins where amusing too, especially when they lined up to watch dolphins being fed.
    And then we concluded our visit by watching the dolphins show. Besides being entertaining it turned out to be educating as well. I didn’t know that there are different kinds of dolphins let alone creatures known as wholphins, which you can see in Hawaii only. Many people enjoy the opportunity to swim with dolphins. I didn’t experience it myself but watched others and it looked like an interesting once in a life time thing to do.
    The Sea Life Park located on the Ocean shore and the views from there are really amazing. This is another reason why you shouldn’t forget your camera.
    The giant see reef aquarium will keep you fascinated for hours, my attention was especially caught by the huge stingrays that swim in circles surrounded my colorful fish.
    The only thing that is rather disappointing at the park is the so-called café & restaurant; long lines, overpriced, lousy food, and quite dirty dining area. I’d say, bring your own food otherwise you’ll end up paying $7 for a lousy slice of mediocre pizza.

The park is open daily from 10:30am to 5:00pm. It’s about 30 minutes drive from Waikiki.

• Beaches

• dgines's Profile Photo

Hanauma Bay

by dgines Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is THE BEST protected cove if you are new to scuba diving or snorkeling with a diverse population of marine life and a large, rich coral reef. (The bay floor is actually the crater of an ancient volcano that flooded when the exterior wall collapsed and the ocean rushed in.) The curvature of the bay usually provides protection from large ocean waves and allows swimmers a terrific opportunity to view the marine and reef life in a safer, protected environment. Always monitor the ocean conditions at all times and obey lifeguard warnings and postings. Do not stand or walk on the coral reef - this is a live reef.

Visitors are required to watch an educational film about the bay (9 minutes), the marine life and the preserve prior to going down to the beach.

$1 parking fee
    $5 per person admission fee for those older than 13
    Free for HI residents & military stationed in HI
    Shuttle available for $1each way and is Handicap accessible
    Showers, snorkel set & locker rentals available on the beach

• Diving and Snorkeling

• malianrob's Profile Photo

by malianrob Updated Aug 6, 2009

My girlfriend that lives in Kailua told me that the kids would love Sea Life Park and she was right. It cost about $30 to get in for anyone above 11 yrs old and $19 for anyone undre 11. The park is open daily from 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
    It wasnt something really planned to come here we were actually heading to Makapuu but did a detour to this park. Had I planned to come here I would have made reservations ahead of time to do the swimming with the dolphins. It was all book when I inquired about it on the same day that I was visiting the park.
    We did luck out though. There was a cancelation just as we were purchasing our entrance fee and one of the kids got to swim with the dolphins. Whe you purchase this activity it also includes the entrance fee to the park. It is kind of expensive so be prepared for that especially if you have a big family.
    There are other things to do too here. We saw the huge Hawaiin sea turtles, we saw them getting fed also. There were huge aquariums. We saw the sealions and penguins. There were sting rays and sharks too. There are also shows with different animals here too and its free . It reminded me of Sea World that is located here in Southern California.
    The kids were so excited being here that I thought it was totally worth it.

• Fun4you's Profile Photo

Swim with the Dolpins

by Fun4you Updated Apr 4, 2011

Sea life par is just 15 miles from Waikiki on Oahu's beautiful and scenic Makapuu Point. The drive to sea life park as well as the view from the park is spectacular. Lots of fish and marine life to see. There are penguins, dolphins, and sea lions to name a few. The sea lions are fun to feed. You can obtain fish and these creatures really become noisy at feeding time to get your attention. The unique mammal is the Wolpin - part dolphin and part whale! We went swimming with the dolphins. It is an amazing opportunity. Book way in advance if this is something you really want to do. They take small groups in a controlled environment and let you get in and pet the dolphins. Safe and fun!

Open daily from 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

• leeludalas's Profile Photo

by leeludalas Written Aug 26, 2006
    Dolphin at Sea Life Park

Sea Life Park is a small marine life park on the east side of Oahu. It is located alongside the shore and offers some beautiful views. The park itself is not large but does have dolphin and sea lion shows as well as a number of marine life exhibits. For an additional fee you can swim with the stingrays or swim and get your picture made with a dolphin. The main show with the dolphins, penguins and sea lions is especially good. The park has one main restaurant and a separate snack stand, as well as a gift shop. Take a walk past the dolphin exhibit down to the beach. There is a small trail that circles around and the view is quite pretty. This was the park where "50 First Dates" was filmed. We were disappointed to not see a walrus, but there is indeed a Willy the Penguin. : )

• arv1's Profile Photo

Interactive Sea Life Park :)

by arv1 Updated Feb 23, 2006
    Near the sea lions

One of my ambitions as a little kid was to swim with dolphins...amongst all the other things kids want to do...anyway...Hawaii gave me the opportunity to fulfill my dreams!! Ever since I found out that the dolphin play/swim was $120, I knew I had to do it!!! Though quite pricey, it is a once in a life time opportunity and I would definately recommend it to other people!! The dolphin I was with was in fact a 'Wholphin'...which is half dolphin and half whale...name being Noni :) (pictures coming soon)

Standard entry to the park is $40 but there are plenty of marine animals to see and soooooooo many shows too. I was waiting for a different dolphin show to start when I noticed a little boy and his grandad standing quite close to the enclosure. The next thing I know, the boy has dropped his shoe in the water and I hear a trainer saying 'Don't worry, I'll get it...' The audience waits patiently for the trainer to get up BUT he doesn't...instead he sends the dolphin, who obediently goes and returns with the shoe!!! Absolutely amazing!!

Its best to come here with a tour group, because it is located in the middle of absolutely nowhere!!

• Whale Watching

• jaycee1401's Profile Photo

Adventure At Sea Life Park

by jaycee1401 Written Aug 15, 2004
    actual pic from sea life

The park itself is pretty small, with only a small amount of sea life to sea crammed into a pretty small park. There are sea lions, turtles (crammed into a litte pool), dolphins, one or two penguins and a few fish in an indoor tank. Now this may be because Im hard to please and have already seen so much scuba diving, but I was expecting more.

We decided to swim with dolphins anyway, even though the cost was approx $150, it was the reason we went in the first place. Now this would of been 100 times better if it was in an open water environment, however it was still amazing but would recommend paying slightly more to visit them in the open ocean...thats if you can afford it. Finally they would not allow us to take photo's and we had to buy them from an organised photographer for another ridiculously high price, somewhere in the regions of $50 for 2 copies of 2 different pictures.

• SUSAMY's Profile Photo

Swimming with the Dolphins

by SUSAMY Written Sep 20, 2003

Wheeeeeeeeeeee

I highly recommend the Swimming With Dolphins activity (not the same as "dolphin encounter"). After playing with the dolphins for awhile, you actually get to hang onto one while it swims!

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Oahu

Comments

Hotels Near SeaLife Park
3.0 out of 5 stars