Beaches, Waikiki

Know about this? Rate It!

The wave - Waikiki Beach
    by OlenaKyiv
    by Kodi01
    by Kodi01
  • amberll's Profile Photo

Wonderful and silly things in Waikiki

by amberll Updated Dec 4, 2008

Favorite thing: I loved eating fresh grilled fish sandwiches all over Waikiki and the island of Oahu. We dined at The Top of Wakiki (revolving restaurant). A little expensive (over $100 for two people) but a really unique experience. The Mahi Mahi was wonderful everywhere I went. Living in Minnesota you usually can only get lake fish sandwiches in restaurants and they are usually breaded and fattening.

Fondest memory: This maybe isn't the fondest but one of the funniest.

Men, please wear a real swim suit and not your underwear on the beach. I saw an older man sunning himself on a dock on Waikiki Beach last year. I don't know who he thought he was fooling with his black "swimsuit". He was obviously wearing old, faded, black cotton Calvin Klein brief underwear. It did give us a good laugh though but come on. Speedos are not that expensive, I work in a swim shop and you can get one for just $25.

• OlenaKyiv's Profile Photo

Different sand texture

by OlenaKyiv Written Feb 12, 2007
    The wave - Waikiki Beach

Favorite thing: Go along Waikiki Beach from one side to another and pay your attention to the texture of the sand. You will notice that sand is different (white or grayish, rough or soft) along the shore. We thought it might be the sort of a natural miracle. But after our travel we watched Travel Channel with Samantha, and she explained that with time sand goes to the ocean, so hotels artificially put the sand on the beach. At least it was how I understood her.

• Spa and Resort

• Skigirl's Profile Photo

Definately not Miami Beach

by Skigirl Updated Mar 31, 2003

World Famous Waikiki Beach

Favorite thing: First of all when I told people I was going to Hawaii namely, Waikiki, they said, "Why? its just like Miami Beach." Let me settle this once and for all IT IS NOT MIAMI BEACH! Waikiki is a world away, the music, the culture, the weather, the food. I enjoyed tanning on the beach during the day and walking around at night. There are tiki torches all lite up down the street the sun sets over the pacific and its a spectacular feeling of serenity that overcomes you.

Fondest memory: My fondest memory is walking around as torches line the sidewalks. Queens Beach on Saturday and Sunday nights show movies on a large screen on the beach while many local restaurants have vending booths, all you do is grab a spot in the sand and enjoy a movie and the location.

• methos_6's Profile Photo

Movies on the Beach?

by methos_6 Written Nov 21, 2002

Favorite thing: The neatest thing about Waikiki was the park.
    People brought out coolers, bbqs, cooked out and swam on the beach. It seemed like a very neat thing to do on the weekends or early evenings.

Fondest memory: The coolest memory I have of Waikiki was on my 2nd day, a Sunday, I was walking through the park, going out to a club, when I came across "Movie on the Beach". There were tons of people out on the beach, getting ready to watch "Shanghai Noon". Now, I've seen movies done like this on the DC Mall and other interesting locales, but never on a beach. So, I chucked the idea of hitting a club and watched the movie with everyone else. Basically you just laid down whereever and enjoyed the show. The weather, the pounding of the surf, and the tiki torches really made it one of the better movie locations I've ever seen. (despite the movie)

It usually occurs every other Saturday and Sunday.

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

Waikiki beach

by Kodi01 Written Feb 28, 2004

Favorite thing: I love everything about Hawaii ocean and lifestyle, I wish I could live there.

Here is a view from the back of our ship of the most famous part of Waikiki beach.

• Sailing and Boating

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

Awesome flowers and plants

by Kodi01 Written Feb 28, 2004

Favorite thing: Hawaii certainly has the most wonderful smelling flowers of any place in this entire world that I have been to.

I tried to capture some of the flowers of Hawaii and here is one of my favorites.

• shiran_d's Profile Photo

Waikiki beach

by shiran_d Written Feb 25, 2003

Beach front jogging

Favorite thing: Waikiki Beach is a particularly popular it was nice experience to have spent my 1st of January 2003 on the beach.

Fondest memory: I enioyed a perfect jogging session, along the main strip of the waikiki beach front.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• shiran_d's Profile Photo

World of pleasure Sun Sea and Sand

by shiran_d Written Feb 25, 2003
    Lady

Favorite thing: Just stayed on the beach and watched the world go by,
    Also absorb the pure sun shine

Fondest memory: Getting my skin burnt after an hour of direct sun on my skin.

• Cycling