Know about this? Rate It!
Hawaii Fish Auction
One of the most unique things we did while on Oahu was attend a fish auction at the United Fishing Agency. This auction goes on M-Sat., occurs pretty early in the morning, and is the main source of all the local fresh seafood that winds up on your plate in the evening.
Buyers from all types of restaurants, stores, and even wholesalers attend the auction and bid on a great variety of fish. The auction continues until all the fish are sold. It's amazing to see the prices some of the tuna were fetching.
Among the species we saw were tuna, swordfish, hapupu, sunfish, and many more.
It's a little bit smelly and wet, but hey its a fish auction!
United Fishing Agency, 117 Ahui St. (below John Dominis Restaurant), Honolulu, HI
The only thing I could find on the web was from Frommers, but it has the same information. Also, the fish market in Hilo has been closed so this is the only one to see.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Waikiki Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kuala Lipis Hotels
- Gildone Hotels
- Nottingham Hotels
- Tanjung Piandang Hotels
- Marina di Pisa
- Brunei Off The Beaten Path
- Nanjing Off The Beaten Path
- Railway Stations
- Southampton Off The Beaten Path
- Moped Rental
- Water Ways
- Hat Yai Off The Beaten Path
- Starnberger See - Lake Starnberg
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Off The Beaten Path
- Sanibel Island Off The Beaten Path
- Muang Boran - Ancient City
- Bellingham Off The Beaten Path