Hike the rain forests overlooking Waikiki
The guide was soliciting his tour, Hawaii Rainforest Foundation, at the top of Diamond Head. The flyer mentioned that it was a 3 hour tour that included transfers to a rain forest where one can view waterfalls and petroglyphs. The flyer also mentions that 'transportation and guided hike are provided complimentary, and that there is no obligation'.
However, at the end of the tour, the guide said that he would need to collect $20 per person. I don't mind paying for a tour, as long as I know that I'm paying in advance.
The tour was about 30 passengers, when really it should be only half that because with so many people on the trail, it becomes difficult to hear the guide's commentary.
If you have a rental car, I recommend getting to the rain forests on your own.Related to:
- Hiking and Walking
- Jungle and Rain Forest
- National/State Park
See Hotel Tip for Hawaiian Hilton Village!
There is a lot to do at this hotel, believe it or not! The beach is right there. Beach rentals are available from snorkel gear, to umbrellas and beach chairs, towels, boogie boards, etc. They you have 2 or 3 restaurants in the hotel complex. You have shops galore! From ABC store to jewelry stores, art stores, ice cream shop, Starbucks, gift stores, a cookie store and more!Related to:
- Luxury Travel
- Women's Travel
This isn't a tourist destination as such but it's still a place that one should visit. Dedicated to the solider from Pearl Harbour and onward. This cemetary is tranquile and serene with it fountains, columns of trees and rows after rows of white head stones.
2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States
Good for: Business
53-567 Kamehameha Hwy, Punaluu, North Shore, Hawaii, United States
Satisfaction: Very Good
Good for: Solo
2584 Lemon Road, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States
Good for: Families
Latest Waikiki Hotel Reviews
- Pat's at Punalu'u
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 29, 2014
- Hostelling International Waikiki
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2014
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Explore the World
- Fort Necessity State Park Hotels
- Hanoi Hotels
- Nepal Hotels
- Kampung Kuala Linggi Hotels
- Airlie Beach
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path