Beaches, Waikiki

brown sand
    by machomikemd
    the original surfer dude!
    w/ my uncle
  • Mez77's Profile Photo

Go Surfing

by Mez77 Updated Apr 14, 2004

Surfing on Waikiki beach is kinda one of those things you just have to do. Unfortunately I had a little to much sun the previous day, and didn't want to risk anymore. Sun doesn't agree with me in large doses, and coming from Australia, I know the damage it can do. So I sat on the beach while my friends hired Malibu's and caught some waves.

Waikiki beach is perfect for beginners. The waves are small and very consistant. If you manage to catch one, you can ride it for ages.

Malibu hire was $10 per hour.

• Mez77's Profile Photo

Waikiki Beach

by Mez77 Updated Apr 14, 2004

7 Feb 04 2045

Today I spent the day on the beach reading 'The Orchid Thief'. It's not really my type of book, but since it's for my bookclub I have perservered.

I managed to find a nice spot in the shade on the grass, rather than in the sand. There is nothing worse than getting sand through everything. Despite the large number of people at the beach, I didn't really feel too crowded, and managed to have a nice relaxing day.

Hint: Buy yourself one of the cane mats that are for sale at all the ABC shops. Very cheap and great to sit on.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Katamarang

by malianrob Written Mar 10, 2006

At first this was a little bit scarey but it turned out to be so much fun. We did this on Waikiki Beach.

• Adventure Travel
    • Water Sports
    • Beaches

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

Black lava rocks

by Kodi01 Written Feb 21, 2004

Hawaii was formed by the volcanoes.

We did get to climb Diamondhead this time.

This is a picture of the lava rocks in the sandy beach.

Instant Answers: Waikiki