Been here? Rate It!
Polynesian show (hula hula)
A great and cheap way to see a hula hula show is to go to the Waikiki shopping plaza. It´s really a remarkable show with both guys and girls. Don´t miss this.
The Polynesian show is on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 7pm-9pm at the Waikiki shopping plaza (1st and 3rd floor).
- Arts and Culture
- Budget Travel
- Family Travel
Polynesian Cultural Center
I thought the Polynesian Cultural Center was great. You have a chance to check out the cultures of Hawaii, Tahiti, Maori, Samoa, New Zealand, Fiji, Marquesas, and Tonga. Each place is different and you will be quite surprised to learn that what you thought was Hawaiian really isnt. The Polynesian Cultural Center also provides information on several other Polynesian island groups, including the Cook Islands, Niue, the Tuamotu archipelago, Tuvalu, Wallis and Futuna.
Theres plenty of things to do for children too:
1. Making fire and the coconut cracking demonstration in Samoa.
2. Learning the Maori stick game, tititorea, or how to twirl poi balls in Aotearoa.
3. Getting a Marquesan tattoo (it's washable). In fact, a lot of "big kids" proudly wear the PCC tattoos throughout the day, too.
4. Tossing Tongan spears and playing Fijian bamboo derua instruments.
5. Trying an ancient form of checkers and bowling in Hawaii.
There are different package prices available. It could be very expensive or on a more budget plan. There's also different pricing plans for dining, so might you might want to check out their website for more info on that. Theres way too much stuff to put on here.
- Adventure Travel
Paradise Cove Luau
We went to the Luau at Paradise Cove one night. It costed US$65 each (which I think is quite expensive for what it was). We were greeted with a small shell lei and a Mai Tai drink each then we could look around the resort and watch the various activities (lei making, spear throwing, fishing etc). Afterwards we watched some Hawaiian dancing and ate a feast.
- Adventure Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Waikiki Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Monuriki Island Hotels
- Johor Bahru Hotels
- Plum Island Hotels
- Tobago Hotels
- Cebu City
- La Spezia
- Laoag City