Ships, boats & Subs, Waikiki

by Kodi01
  • Ships, boats & Subs
    by Kodi01
  • Kodi01's Profile Photo

Seeing sea turtles on a submarine ride

by Kodi01 Updated Feb 20, 2004

Hawaiin sea turtle

It was great to go in the Atlantis submarine ride, I had never done this before and you can see many of the seas creatures like colorful fish, sea turtles, sting rays and more.

Sea turtles are now an endangered animal, so it was cool to see them. In Mexico, I held a baby sea turtle 10 days old in my hands.

• TropicGirl77's Profile Photo

Atlantis Submarine Tours

by TropicGirl77 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Sea life seen from a sub

If funds allow, and you find tickets greatly reduced to the Atlantis Sub tours, get them. Kamaaina's can get an annual pass. We were impressed with the tour and felt it was well worth the "sale priced ticket" (but no way worth the original asking price) The tours depart from the Hilton Hawaiian Village every hour. We went more than 100 feet under and saw sharks, hawaiian sea turtles, hoards of tropical fish and other sea life. This is a guided tour, with narration in English as well as Japanese and Chinese. ** If you're interested in seeing more, check out my new Atlantis Sub travelogue. **

• Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism

• Undersea adventure with Atlantis Submarine tours

by hollyday Written May 15, 2004

This was a whole lot - a fun !!
    I think I enjoyed the cruise OUt to the submarines as much as the submarine ride itself.

The cruise out gives you some fantastic photo ops of Waikiki. The colour of the water was another treat ... it was a gorgeous shade of blue that I have never seen before, just wonderful.

The submarine trip was a great adventure as we plunged down about 100 feet or so. The man made reef is pretty non really but we saw loads of fish all over the place as well as a moray eel and a sea turtle.

The narration is informative and they point out the many varieties of fish as well as give you a brief rundown of the artificial reef.

This is a fun thing for everyone and we saw many young children ( under 5 ) on the trip so its open to all ages.

It was a fun thing to do but once was enough for me.

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

The ocean in Hawaii

by Kodi01 Written Feb 21, 2004

Hawaiin ocean

You can not go to Hawaii and not see the ocean. The islands are surrounded by the ocean and what a beautiful ocean it is.

Here is a picture just of the ocean, I love nature with oceans and mountains and keep looking at my pages and you will see a tropical paradise.

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

by lashr1999 Written Dec 7, 2004
    Atlantis Submarine

Must see yeah right. This was one of the most boring things ever, there were not that many fish on my side of the boat. My parent wanted to go and the tickets were sold out, we finaaly found the tickets. When we got to the boat we found we were booked on an all japanese speaking sub tour. Of course we had no idea what they were saying. Come to think of it there were mostly japanese tourist on most of the other subs as well. Anyway if you really want to see fish, spend $30 for the buffet at the oceanarium restaurtant at the Pacific Beach Hotel, at least you get to eat. Also, if you do that you can have a message held by a diver in the tank that feeds the fish.

The most exciting thing there was the food you can feed the fish at the ocean on the peir just before you board the boat to get to the sub. Also, they have a touch pond which I think they change the water in yearly if that often.

Instant Answers: Waikiki