Boise Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Boise

• translunar's Profile Photo

The Dish: Not the best

by translunar Written Nov 13, 2013

The place was loud, couldn't eat in comfort. The menu was limited, not many choices. The prices were high, for what you were served. I would never go back.

Favorite Dish: Nothing there sounded good, but beef strogenoff but it was $25.00 I had a small Cuban sand. $11.50, it was so-so.

• Cycling
    • Photography

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Bar Gernika: Best Basque in Town

by bocmaxima Written Apr 11, 2012
    Interior

In a town like Boise, where the Basque heritage is a thing of pride, it's a matter of intense pride if you have the best Basque food in the city. I think that's here. We tried the others; this is better.
    I love the atmosphere here. Like the name says, it's more like a pub than a restaurant. You can sit at the bar, at some high tables behind the bar, or at larger tables toward the back. It's a small place though, so it does get pretty crowded. The decor and menu is solidly Basque and the prices are very reasonable.
    Excellent beer selection, too. No Basque beers, unfortunately, but I don't even think you can get them in the US. No Spanish beers either, of course (that would be a little treasonous).

Favorite Dish: Chorizo sandwich. Don't think the Latin American style of Chorizo when you think about this.

• redknot's Profile Photo

8th Street Wine Company: Good Food Great Wine

by redknot Updated Apr 4, 2011

Love this place. Decor and ambiance is casual and modern with large windows and outdoor seating facing the shopping areas on 8th street. Food was very good and as the name would suggest, excellent selection of wines. And they have a wine shop too.

Favorite Dish: Panko Crusted Crab Cakes with Lemon and Sun-Dried Tomato Aiolis

• Wine Tasting

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Goldy's Breakfast: Great Gravy!

by ATXtraveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

Goldy's Breakfast Bistro

What else do you do when you have an hour to pass before a business meeting, and you have not researched the town you are in? Why not go into a coffee shop in the middle of downtown!

Goldy's had an interesting mix of college students, Air Force Officers, and construction workers. It was very unique to me, although from what I have seen, this could just be the way Boise is!

I noticed alot of people eating the biscuits and gravy, although I only had room for a cup of coffee!

• Study Abroad

Old Chicago: Pizza and Beer

by WulfstanTraveller Written Oct 30, 2010

This is a good place in downtown Boise to get good pizza and a good, very large, selection of beer. The pizza is not real Chicago-style pizza, but it is good, especially considering that this is a chain. It also has a very large selection of beers, most in the bottle, but with still a vry good range on tap. These include both some better imports and a very good choice of craft beers, with slight emphasis on local western/Pacific NW beers.

• Beer Tasting

La Vie en Rose Bakery & Bistro: Great Breakfast & Lunch

by WulfstanTraveller Written Oct 30, 2010

This is a great breakfast-lunch cafe & bakery, with a slight European-oriented/influenced menu and approach. It has excellent pancakes, fritattas, other egg-dishes, pastries, bread puddings, cakes, and more.

It is right downtown in the striking, historic old Idanha Hotel building.

Bittercreek Ale House: Great Pub with craft beers

by WulfstanTraveller Updated Oct 30, 2010

this is a very good pub with a wide range of food, generally very good, some good desserts. It has more than the usual, basic pub food, with more varied choices. It has has a good selection of local and non-local, good-quality beers, including various craft beers.

It has nice outdoor seating on the sidewalk, under leafy trees. This is along N. 8th, the main pedestrian-oriented eating-shopping street in the heart of downtown, on the block with many other eateries and many nice, shady trees, important in the hot, sunny Boise summers. This is one of the nicest blocks in downtown.

• Beer Tasting

• Gernika Basque Pub & Eatery: Delicious, and inexpensive

by leannaaker Written Jul 6, 2009

So we took a look at the menu and decided to try it out. This place is very small, with just as many outdoor tables as inside. You can view the small kitchen from the inside. I ordered the lamb stew, and my husband the lamb kabobs, but there were half a dozen other things that also looked yummy. We ordered "croquetas" for the side dish...which are these yummy fried dumpling type things, said to be made out of flour, butter, chicken, milk, and...? They were divine also. The lamb stew I could have eaten a gallon of. They delivered our food with this "tiger sauce" which was great on the meat and the croquetas. We then had a very delicious flan for desert. The clencher? 2 dinners, 2 drinks, and dessert set us back $32. Seriously!

The service was attentive and casual. This place is a real gem.

• cpiers47's Profile Photo

Goldy's Breakfast Bistro: Don't Skip Breakfast!

by cpiers47 Updated Jul 3, 2009

This is a cozy restaurant but we were able to get a table mid morning (granted it was a weekday). We chose to sit "upstairs" in the tiny loft. There's an espresso bar as well. The atmosphere is very laid back and friendly. Our waiter seemed to enjoy nothing more than checking in with great sincerity.

Favorite Dish: My friend had the frittata special - it was amazing. I tried the smoked salmon hash. Maybe it sounds like a strange combination, but I loved it. Also, it was one of the smaller items on the menu and I wasn't starving.

I'd heard great things about Goldy's and I wasn't disapointed in the least!

• atufft's Profile Photo

Le Cafe' De Paris: French Provincial in Provincial Boise

by atufft Written Jul 21, 2008

Le Cafe' De Paris

I failed to find an outdoor table along any of the 8th Street cafes that serve full breakfast, not just coffee and pastry, so I opted to cycle around to this pleasant restaurant right in view of the capitol dome. The outdoor seating is on decking a step above the sidewalk, and a partition railing provided a place to lean my bike. Inside, a beavy of pretty 20 something waitresses greeted me from behind a glass display of lovely French pastries. A charming display of basketry and loaves of bread captured my attention to the left just inside the door. I was invited to seat myself anywhere outside, and soon my waitress brought me ice water and a double latte. I considered the large brunch menu and was inspired to choose a fritatta made with duck eggs, gruyere cheeze, asparagus, and bellpepper. Baby potatoes and a tomato salsa came with the egg dish. Presentation of the food was exellent--a individualized caseroule on a plank. Unfortunately, the fritatta was slightly overdone and dry, the portions surprisingly meager given the price. The coffee at Starbucks next door would be a better deal. Neverthess, the sidewalk cafe atmosphere and enthusiastic service was enough for me to consider this place again, should the more established and popular places along 8th Street be overly crowded. This restaurant is concerned about finding sustaining and organic farm fresh produce, and provides special occasion dinners from time to time.

• Seniors
    • Cycling

• Louie's Pizza & Italian: Miss Louie's Pizza & Italian

by snafu918 Written Mar 28, 2008

The food was prepared quickly and with less than satisfactory ingredients. The lettuce in my salad was yellowing and cut up instead of torn. I ordered a version of chicken alfredo that also included shrimp. The chicken was pounded paper thin and was quickly heated. The alfredo sauce was a tasteless paste on the noodles and the shrimp was unwashed, because got a nice bite of sand when I ate one. I sent the food back because it was nearly unedible, when the manager came over she was distracted and seemed to think that I was the one at fault. She did offer to "get me something I liked" which I turned down.

Favorite Dish: Just don't bother

• Granny's: Absolutely great place for breakfast

by StealthReviewer Written Sep 29, 2007

If you're looking for a GREAT breakfast and don't mind waiting for a table, stop by Granny's. It's on Glenwood, just north of the fairgrounds, tucked away in the shopping mall between D&B and Big Lots. Everything on the menu tastes better than homemade. Unique breakfast combos you won't find anywhere else. I hope Granny's doesn't move to a bigger location. Part of its appeal is the fact that its packed all the time. There's a huslte/bustle feeling in the air, but it doesn't interfere with having a relaxing, great tasting breakfast. Also, they serve breakfast up until 2:00 PM, which is when they close. Great for those lazy Saturday mornings when you REALLY sleep in. Oh, and did I mention that the prices were VERY reasonable?

Favorite Dish: I like the "Granny's Special" omelet. Most omelets served with gravy have a white gravy. This one is brown with mushrooms, and tastes fantastic. Two sizes of homemade scones are available. They advertise the larger one as "a meal in itself." I usually order the smaller scone instead of toast with the omelet.

• Seniors

• Bardenay's: go early for the food, later for the 'action'

by StealthReviewer Written Sep 29, 2007

Nice bar / restaurant / distillery in downtown Boise. Have been there many times - best to go early for conversation and dinner. Later in the evening it tends to become a bit of a meat market. Service varies by server. Unfortunately, we haven't been back in over a year. My wife and I are heavily into wine -- we asked our young male server a question about one particular wine and he was unbelievably insulting with his comment "I'd explain it to you but you wouldn't understand." He also passed our table a dozen times to talk wiith a group of young 20-something females at the table next to us who were very proud of their cleavage -- and failed to check in with us each time. When I explained this to the manager, the manager laughed. My normal tip for any restaurant is 20%. This was the first time I left absolutely nothing.

• School Holidays

• edss's Profile Photo

Pair: Pair combines chic athmoshpere with great food

by edss Written May 16, 2007
    Pair Restaurant in Boise, ID

Pair is so unique in its offerings that it can't be easily categorized. Sure there are items on the menu that seem Asian (Thai Ahi Salad $13, Asian Salmon $18, lettuce cups, edamame with sea salt, age tofu w/ponzu, crispy wontons, chicken satay, Tempura Salmon $7...). However there are also Mediterranean items ( fresh hummus, proscuitto, olive tapenade, “flash-fried” shoestring zucchini, calamari...) and American/British items (fish and chips, fried chicken, steak, yam fries, burgers, crab cakes, clams, mac and cheese. The desserts are just as interesting with tempura twinkie, bread pudding, and tempura banana split being amongst your options. Add the great chic interior and you have yourself a wonderful restaurant for first dates, going out with friends, or business dinners. The pictures and the exterior cannot do it justice.

Favorite Dish: I had the tempura salmon and it was light and crisp with a very nice dipping sauce. My friend had the chicken skewers and they were tender and juicy with a very unique flavor.

• edss's Profile Photo

Aladdin Traditional Egyptian Cuisine: Aladdin Traditional Egyptian Cuisine

by edss Written May 9, 2007

I have been to many Greek, Turkish, Lebanese, and Mediterranean restaurants, but I have to say that Aladdin definitely ranks among the top. The food was great and very reasonably priced. The decor is nice and traditional Egyptian music played as well. If in Boise, you definitely need to try this restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I had the Shwarma and my coworker had the Chicken Shwarma. It sounds like it would be a gyro by reading the menu, however it was a bit different. The shwarma is beef and lamb sliced and put into a freshly baked gyro (they make their own) mixed with sauteed vegetables and a yogurt sauce that was much different than the greek ones. I must say it is better than any gyro I have ever eaten. My coworker really enjoyed his as well which had grilled chicken instead of the lamb and beef. It comes with a salad for $6.50 (as of May 2007).

Instant Answers: Boise

Comments

Boise Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Boise restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Boise sightseeing.