Boise Transportation

• Bicycles Parked at an 8th Street Java House
    Bicycles Parked at an 8th Street Java...
  • View of Downtown from I-84 Broadway Exit Overpass
    View of Downtown from I-84 Broadway Exit...
  • Federal Blvd Bike Trails and Irrigation Canal
    Federal Blvd Bike Trails and Irrigation...

Most Recent Transportation in Boise

• atufft's Profile Photo

Boise's Outstanding Bicycle Trails

by atufft Updated Jul 30, 2008

Bicycles Parked at an 8th Street Java House

Boise has an excellent system of trails, dedicated lanes, and routes for cyclists. Downtown is now extremely popular for families to come on their fat tired cruisers, as well as traditional mountain and road bicycles. I rode a very nice dedicated bicycle path which goes along Federal Blvd and an irrigation canal to the Train Depot. But, the best path is the Boise Greenbelt that follows the river for some 9 miles. See the link below for more details on this, as I only saw parts of the path in the city. I would like to see this path extended from 9 to at least 30 miles along the river to provide fit cyclists a really full workout.

• Cycling

• atufft's Profile Photo

Truck Stop Access to the City

by atufft Written Jul 30, 2008

View of Downtown from I-84 Broadway Exit Overpass

Truck Drivers and RV enthusiasts might like to know that the TA truck stop is at the Broadway overpass, and so has good access to downtown via either Broadway or Federal Blvds. I walked this distance into town and guess that it may be two to three miles total. Also, there is an older and less well maintained Flying J truck stop on Federal Blvd at the same freeway exit. This truck stop is better located, but services are much poorer. The image here shows the view of downtown from the freeway overpass...

• Business Travel

• edss's Profile Photo

Fly Horizon/Alaskan to Boise

by edss Written May 16, 2007
    Horizon Airlines Q400

I purchased my flight with Continental Airlines and on my way home from Boise the first leg was actually a Horizon Airlines flight. It was my first time on a prop plane. I was a bit nervous as I have heard stories of how turbulent the flights on prop planes are and how noisy they are. Well I can tell you that it was one of the smoothest flights I have had yet and it was not any nosier than a jet plane. The plane we were on was a Q400 which had about 80 seats. The whole experience with Horizon airlines was pleasant from checking in at BOI to the actual flight. The airport seems to run efficiently and it is quite nice. Once in the air Horizon served complimentary wines from the northwest and microbrewed beer. The flight attendants were very pleasant and provided excellent service. I definitely suggest trying to fly Horizon/Alaskan because I think you will be more satisfied than with any of the other airlines.

• Skiing and Boarding
    • National/State Park
    • Beer Tasting

• crazyk's Profile Photo

The freeway systems.

by crazyk Written Jun 1, 2005

Boise has about two freeways here, the I-84 freeway, and the 1-84 that goes downtown from the split before the Franklin exit.
    This "split", is famously known here as the flying wye.
    The 84 freeway is the main freeway that goes around boise toward Salt Lake City.
    The airport is right off I-84 on the Vista exit.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo

Flying to Boise

by JetlagCity Written Jan 18, 2005

glass art in Boise airport

Amtrak no longer has trains going to Boise, so driving or flying here is your best bet. The Boise airport was recently remodeled and expanded and is rather nice now, although still relatively small. It no longer looks terribly outdated, and there’s more than one place to grab a bite to eat, although they’re mostly fast food places. If you're flying here in the winter, like around Christmas time, there could be significant delays due to fog. Not always, but it's happened to me more than once!

There are numerous regional airlines and several major ones that fly here, as follows:

Alaska Airlines

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Boise Municipal Airport

by ATXtraveler Written Oct 26, 2004

Boise Airport

Of all the airports that I have been to, Boise ranks up there on the list of unorganized ones!

The ticket personnel at most of the gates were not very helpful, but security was easy and simple.

There also were not alot choices of airlines to choose from:

Southwest, United, America West, Alaska were the main ones.

Instant Answers: Boise

Comments

Boise Transportation

Reviews and photos of Boise transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Boise sightseeing.