Coeur d'Alene Restaurants

Orange Rolls
    by TooTallFinn24
    Front of the Restaurant
    by Xspecht
    The Glorious Prime Rib, mmmmmmm!
    by Xspecht

Most Recent Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Pastries and More: A Bakery Worthy of Many Trips

by TooTallFinn24 Updated Mar 30, 2014
    Orange Rolls

Couer d' Alene is known for its lake and summer activities but it also should be known for Pastries and More. This great, "everything from scratch," bakery is definitely worth a stop if you are coming through Couer d' Alene.

The pastries and cookies are to die for. From the eclairs, to the boston cremes, to their famous orange rolls all look great. The one that I picked and believe me that was a hard decision was the orange roll. So yummy!

There is a limited lunch menu with a choice of breads and sandwiches. The choices looked good and the prices were reasonable.

The bakery also produces wedding cakes, birthday cakes and I am sure a wide variety of other baked delicacies.

Staff are well trained and helpful in explaining what each item is and what ingredients are in it. Other bakeries should train their staff as well.

The downtown location was very clean and attractive. It was not too busy in mid afternoon but I hear it can be bustling other times of the day.

Favorite Dish: Orange rolls! How to describe them. They look almost like a doughnut but with a great texture and not overpowering taste of orange. Great with coffee in the late morning. From what the clerks told me they are often sold by the dozen or more. However you can buy just one.

• Xspecht's Profile Photo

Cricket's Downtown Bar & Grill: Fun Place to Eat and Hang Out Downtown!

by Xspecht Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Restaurant and Bar

Everything on the menu is good, whether you like steaks, salads, or seafood. My wife had the Sesame Seared Ahi the last time we went there and she loved it! I have had several of the steaks and have been very pleased with each and every one of them. The great part is that they have 5 unique ways of preparing the steaks (other than just plain grilling of course) that all sound good and combine different sauces and add-ons like mushrooms and onions.

Favorite Dish: I like the prime rib, which, coincidentially is the specialty of the house. It is both tender and flavorful because of the slow roasting process that they use while cooking it. The 1 pound cut is plenty of food, even for heartier appetites. If you want more meat than that, see my tip for the Wolf Lodge Steakhouse and get the 44 oz. Rancher combo!

• Business Travel

• Xspecht's Profile Photo

Wolf Lodge Steakhouse: Tremendous Steaks!

by Xspecht Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant is off the beaten path off I-90 about 8 miles east of town near Wolf Lodge Bay. It is reminiscent of an old hunting lodge and has some of the best food you will ever eat. They cook the steaks over a tamarack and cherry wood fire so they get extra flavor. The meat is so tender you could almost cut it with a fork. I would suggest this to anyone who likes beef, although their grilled shrimp are excellent as well.

Favorite Dish: The 24 ounce porterhouse is the signature steak here and will not disappoint you. I did eat the 44 ounce Rancher there once, but I wouldn't recommend it as it is HUGE! (It is the regular 24 ounce porterhouse plus a 20 ounce sirloin for good measure.)

• Xspecht's Profile Photo

Bistro on Spruce: Midtown Masterpiece!

by Xspecht Updated Aug 18, 2010
    Front of the Restaurant

Very neat atmosphere and great food. It has a wine bar type of flavor, but is a full fledged restaurant. Chris, the owner, also served us dinner. He was a terrific host and shared some of his expertise on wine with us. We thorughly enjoyed our night there and will be back soon. They have now added breakfast, which is equally outstanding and of incredible quality.

Favorite Dish: The steaks and pasta dishes are all excellent. You really can't go wrong with anything here, as my wife had seafood and loved it as well. For breakfast, get the steak and eggs, they use sour cream in the eggs to make them creamy, and they are the best I've ever eaten!

• Wine Tasting

Brix Restaurant: Outstanding!

by Xspecht Updated Oct 9, 2008

Brix Restaurant

I have been here twice and both times the meal I had was outstanding. I had the pork chop and the short ribs and my wife has had a couple of seafood dishes the two times that we went. We really enjoyed the atmosohere and they also have some great appetizers.

Note: This was recently converted to a Steakhouse and I haven't been there since the menu changed. It did get much more expensive, however.

Favorite Dish: As I said earlier I had the pork chop and the short ribs and I would have either one again. The meat was flavorful and tender and the sauces were unique. I don't think you can go wrong ordering anything on the menu.

• cdamountaineer's Profile Photo

Moontime: Ireland comes to Coeur d'Alene

by cdamountaineer Updated Apr 11, 2008

Moontime is an awesome little Irish style pub in downtown Coeur d'Alene. The food is excellent(vegetarian options). What makes this place my favorite is the beer. This place has more beer on tap than any other bar in town. Local micros and great imports. Nothing better than Moontime. 1602 E Sherman Ave—Close to downtown and the lake. Enjoy your food from our unique menu in a pub style atmosphere. Appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and entrees like our Chicken Burrito or the Jumbo Cheese Ravioli all made from scratch. Weekly specials. Large selection of microbrews and good wine. Live music and dollar pints every Thursday night. Come have a good time at Moon Time. Open daily at 11am.

208-667-2331

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Potato crusted Ahi. To die for. But everything is great. The lamb sandwich is most excellent. For the veggies amongst us, the anazani bean burger( which I have more often than the lamb) is great.

• Beer Tasting

• Iron Horse: Don't think we'll be trying this again

by Karol221 Written Mar 18, 2008

Stopped in on our trip from Missoula to Spokane last week (after reading about how great the crab cakes were on this board). Bartender/waiter was wearing big old baggy shorts with his underwear hanging out. Fly was half unzipped. Grungy shoes with no socks. Carried his order book down the back of his pants. Blech. Bathroom was disgusting. Doors don't latch and half falling off. Toilets didn't flush (finally, after the third try, which explains why the toilets in the other four stalls weren't "clean").
    We had one drink. No way I'd eat there. Can't imagine what the kitchen looks like. *shudders*

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo

Iron Horse Bar & Grill: In the Heart of the Action!

by Camping_Girl Updated Jun 20, 2007

The food here was really, really good. The service was pretty slow, but that may have been because we sat at a table outside, along the sidewalk. At any rate, we had plenty of things to look at while we were waiting - there is lots of traffic up and down Sherman Avenue. There were plenty of bikes parked out front when we arrived, so we felt right at home.

We never actually set foot inside the restaurant, so I have no idea what the inside looks like.

Favorite Dish: The crab cakes were just outstanding. The home-made sauce that was served with them was delicious. Hubby had the Cobb Salad and said it was delicious.

• Motorcycle
    • Beer Tasting

• hisredhead's Profile Photo

Hudson's Hamburgers: Notorious Burgers!

by hisredhead Updated Jan 18, 2006

This local hamburger stand is always standing room only. It has been located in the same place since the early 1900s, proof that these burgers are delicious! They are made to your order, but don't expect fries. The only thing you can get with your burger is a beverage. But you won't need anything else as these burgers are oh so satisfying. Prices are perfectly reasonable, and anything but expensive. Burgers come with your choice of pickle, onion, and cheese. They also have a choice of sauces, including a tasty hot katchup. Your stay in Coeur d' Alene will not be complete without a stop at Hudson's.

• worldzgirl's Profile Photo

Olympia Greek Restaurant: Olympia Greek Restaurant

by worldzgirl Written Aug 26, 2002

Great greek food at a great price. The restaurant is in a great downtown location, and is decorated with lots of pictures of Greece. Friendly service.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Gyro. Nothing could make it better. The Feta Cheese Dip is also excellent, but it leaves your mouth tasting like something died in it for about two days.

Instant Answers: Coeur d'Alene

Comments

Coeur d'Alene Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coeur d'Alene restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coeur d'Alene sightseeing.

View all Coeur d'Alene hotels