Island Park Travel Guide

by Basaic

Island Park Hotels

Island Park Warnings and Dangers

• by pman Written Aug 14, 2008

DON'T bring your pet to Grandma's Cabin... they are pet UNFRIENDLY! Went to visit Yellowstone with my brother who booked a week at Grandma's cabin in Island Park. I wasn't told I couldn't bring my small dog. Apparently the owner came by and saw that we had our dog and REEMED us for $100!

Nice cabin, but obviously, they hate pets. There are other pet friendly places. I wouldn't book this one.

• Travel with Pets

Island Park Favorites

• grandmascabin's Profile Photo
    Island Park Reservoir 1 more image

by grandmascabin Written Feb 3, 2009

Favorite thing: Island Park is a beautiful mountain community with Yellowstone National Park as their backyard. While visiting Island Park you can horseback ride, white water raft, hike, mountain bike and take in some incredible sights.

Be sure to visit Big Springs & the Johnny Sack Cabin, Mesa Falls and Harriman State Park. Do some fly fishing on the Henry’s Fork of the Snake River or the nearby Madison River in Montana.

Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks are close enough to visit them while staying in Island Park as well.

Fondest memory: In 2007 we had our family reunion at Grandma’s Cabin. Grandpa chose the fishing spot the “old hole”. We had a picnic, fished and played in the water. We went on a horseback ride, caught frogs.

In 2008 some went fishing on the Island Park Reservoir while other went for a canoe ride. We cooked hotdogs, marshmallows and had a great time.

Making family memories is the best memory.

• Fishing

Instant Answers: Island Park

Comments

Island Park Travel Guide
Map of Island Park