Riggins Travel Guide

Check out da bike parked out front!
    by Camping_Girl

Riggins Hotels

Riggins Restaurants

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo

by Camping_Girl Written Aug 10, 2007

We stopped here for a late lunch on our way home from Baker City Oregon in May 2006. This is one of the coolest little spots I've been in a long time. The bar portion of the building is the original hotel from the late 1800's (part of it burned down but they managed to save part). It is really neat inside, complete with a beautiful old wooden bar. At one point, the building was actually a gas station.... I'm still having trouble picturing THIS building as a gas station!

Fortunately, someone had the vision to turn this back into a rockin little bar, and rock it does at times. People have been writing their names on the walls of the beverage room for decades. The ceiling, walls, and support pillars are covered with the names of past visitors. (If you look close on the front edge of the bar, about the middle, you'll see "Tanis and Allan May 2006") Just ask the waitress for a permanent marker & you, too, can leave you mark on this place. It's very interesting to read the names and home countries of some of the past visitors.

Favorite Dish: We both had burgers and fries for lunch. We had to wait for the kitchen to open at 4:00, but it was well worth the wait. The burgers were home-made and the fries were hand cut. And the burger was HUGE!!!!! I only ate half my burger and I was so full. But it was very, very good. Another fellow we met while we were there ordered a steak and he said it was awesome.

The beer was ICE cold and did I mention the bartender was super friendly? We had so much fun here, I wish we could have stayed longer. But, alas, Kooskia was beckoning.... ???

Check out da bike parked out front!
    • Motorcycle

Instant Answers: Riggins

Comments

Riggins Travel Guide
Map of Riggins