Been here? Rate It!
White-water river tours on the Snake River!
From White Bird, where we were staying, we were taken by 4x4 to a landing where we embarked on a tour of Hells Canyon with Killgore Adventures. Lunch and an unlimited (within reason) supply of chilled drinks were included.
We were on board a sizable speedboat which was expertly driven by the guide through rapids and even at one point submerged! (or at least water was above and around us) Unfortunately for Idaho, the state was experiencing forest fires, which meant a helicopter came down and filled up in the river just metres away. The burning walls of the canyon really gave Hell's Canyon a new meaning.
A must for those with a sense of adventure not quite ready for rafting or similar. En route we saw mountain goats and even an eagle. We were also given the chance for a swim in the calm waters.
- Adventure Travel
- National/State Park
Hells Canyon is beautiful. It...
Hells Canyon is beautiful. It is so beautiful. Breathtaking. So peaceful. You must see this if you go. Hells Canyon is America's Deepest Gorge.
You can do almost anything at Hells Canyon. It has a uniquely warm temperature.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Idaho Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sochi Hotels
- Bhola Hotels
- Lettomanoppello Hotels
- Albany Hotels
- Exuma District
- Old Caracas (Centro)
- Île de Porquerolles Things to Do
- Wheathampstead Things to Do
- Santa Catalina Island Things to Do
- Calypso Cabaret
- Fiumelatte - Milk River
- Porta Soprana and Columbus House
- Valdivia Things to Do
- Estado de Tlaxcala Things to Do
- Camelford Things to Do
- Los Tres Ojos - The 3 Eyes National Park