Antioch Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Antioch

infini-tea: Gourmet Restaurant and Tea

by deecat Updated Apr 4, 2011

Inside

My friend Mickey had been telling me about this darling Gourmet Restaurant and Tea Services in Antioch; thus, we dropped in so I could see what it was all about.

It is a delightful establishment that serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Gourmet Dinners. In addition, they conduct Two Tea Services.

It has recently become a B.Y.O.B. [Bring Your Own Bottle] for dinner. They also have what they call Royal Child & Royal Todder which is a special service for smaller customers, depending on their age and appetite.

They serve real European traditional type Winslow Scones with a choice of Devon clotted cream/preserves and lemon curd.

Mickey's mother had the Chicken Crown Salad Sandwich made with grapes and/or almonds and her comment was, "it's the best chicken salad ever!"!

Breakfast includes Eggs Benedict, Baked Apple Pancake, Breakfast Sandwich, Fresh Fruit Plate, Granola or Oatmeal, Cheesy Potatoes, Bacon and Sausage.

Lunch offers Gourmet soups, Quiche of the Day, Salads, Sandwiches such as Smoked Turkey Mango Wrap, Thames Turkey Sandwich, Jester Tuna Salad, and Salad-Soup-Sandwich Combos.

The dinner Menu indicates that soup or salad, side vegetable [if applicable], and a dinner herb scone come with each meal.

You are able to order:
    Beef Wellington, Shepherd's Pie
    3 Garlic Rubbed Lamb Chops
    Baked Pork Normandy,Lemon Pepper Crusted Pork
    Chicken en papillote, Chicken Pot Pie
    Duck Wellington
    Coquilles St. Jacques
    Shrimp Dejonghe, Baked Tilapia

Favorite Dish: Besides all this, they offer over 60 teas plus seasonal teas, and their decaffeinated teas are naturally decaf. In addition to all the teas, they also serve small carafes of coffee and Specialty Coffees.

For sweets they have Pastry Platters, individual desserts, and Winslow Scones. [Yum!]

Open Every day!
    Sunday to Wednesday from 10:00 am-3:00 pm
    Thursday & Friday from 10:00 am-8:30 pm
    Saturday from 8:00 am-8:30 pm.

DINNERS are Thursday, Friday, or Saturday evenings.

What a great addition to Antioch's downtown.

Binanti's Taste of Italy II: New Owners; New Name

by deecat Updated Nov 12, 2007

Taste of Italy II

Allan and I often drove to Antioch to go to the wonderful Italian Restaurant called DiMarco's Restaurant It was written up several times in Chicago Magazine as one of the finest Italian restaurants in the Chicago suburbs. So, I was shocked this last time I visited Antioch and realized that it was no longer open. Instead, a new Italian Restaurant called Binanti's Taste of Italy II. Mickey and I perused the menu, looked in the windows, asked the locals and discovered that it is just as popular as the restaurant that it replaces.

It is known for its good wine selections, its excellent Northern Italian food, large portions, and a simple but elegant decor. People also like the fact that carryout is available.

It's drawback is that because of its popularity, there are long waits unless you have a reservation. Also, some people are turned off by the use of plastic glass wear.

Although I have not eaten here, I intend to do so very soon and will add to this tip at that time.

Oliverii North Trattoria-Pizzeria: Northern Italian

by deecat Updated Nov 12, 2007

Another relatively new restaurant in Antioch is called Oliverii North Trattoria-Pizzeria. It is one of four restaurants [Trattoria Oliverii in Northbrook, Il, Ristorante Bottaio in Libertyville, IL, and Ristorante Abruzzo in Deerfield, IL].

Oliverii North is open Monday-Saturday from 11:00 am until 10"00 pm and on Sunday from 12:00 pm until 9:00 pm.

This restaurant has had rave reviews. It has antipasti [appetizers], Zuppa [soup], Insalate [salads], main course, side orders, sandwiches, Pizza, and desserts.

It is a family-owned business that advertises that they "serve a traditional, Italian cuisine in a modern, inspired fashion".

Favorite Dish: My favorites are the Bruschetta [fresh tomato garlic parmigiano cheese baked on Italian bread], PEAR SALAD [masculin mix with walnuts, black raisins, gorgonzola, and pear in a balsamic reduction], CAPELLINI CON POMODORO [angel hair pasta in a fresh tomato], RIGATONI QUATTRO FORMAGGI [pasta in a four cheese cream sauce], THIN PIZZA with onion, mushroom, fresh tomatoe, and topped with Pepperoni, and their delicious TIRAMISU.

Allan's favorites are CALAMARI FRITTI [fried baby squid], MINESTRONE SOUP, CAPRESE SALAD [fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil, and olive oil], FETTUCCINE FRUTTI DI MARE [shrimp, calamari, baby clams, mussels in a light spicy tomato sauce over pasta], BRASATO DI AGNELLO [braised lamb shank and potato], THIN PIZZA [mushrooms, spinach, fresh tomatoes], CANNOLI.

For a fine Italian meal, try Oliverii North in Antioch, Illinois.

• Wine Tasting

Herm's BBQ: Excellent BBQ

Herm's BBQ

Allan and I were in Antioch about three weeks ago so that he could pick up his new contact lenses. We were very hungry and so when we saw a sign for a new place that sells BBQ, we decided to give it a try. So off to find Herm's BBQ we went.

We had a little difficulty finding it because it's on Depot Street and somewhat out of the way.
    It's a very simple place, almost barren inside. There are tables and chairs, an ordering counter, a condiment counter, and not much else. There's no dish washing for the people who work here because they use cans, plastic, and paper.

When we were making our order, Allan suddenly realized that he had seen the owner before. Then it dawned on him that he had eaten at a BBQ place with this same name in nearby Waukegan, Illinois. He asked the owner, and sure enough, this place is rather new since he moved from Waukegan to Antioch.

Favorite Dish: Allan and I both love pulled pork sandwiches so that is what we ordered. They came with slaw. It was a very wise choice because the sandwiches were excellent. The pork was free of fat and extremely tender. The buns were fresh as could be. We were both able to finish our sandwiches.

Other choices are Hickory Smoked BBQ ribs, beef brisket, Catfish Filet, Shrimp, Whole BBQ Chicken, Wings.

The sides that are available are Baked Beans, Coleslaw, hushpuppies, fries, Corn on the Cobb, Greens, and Spaghetti.

They have one dessert choice which is PEACH COBBLER.

Something Sweet and Gourmet: Delicious Homemade Fudge

Something Sweet and Gourmet

After lunch on that November afternoon, Mickey and I decided that we would break down and go to the fudge place called Something Sweet and Gourmet. What a great decision that turned out to be. They make their fudge daily, and because of all the fresh quality ingredients, their store has earned a much deserved reputation for excellence.

This store was opened in 1998 and has evolved into more than a fudge store. They have mouth-watering handmade chocolates. They sell gourmet coffees; however, we were both disappointed because there is no seating area for drinking coffee. Mickey and suggested that they set up an area for such a purpose.

The also feature Amish-Made Cashew Crunch Bark, Malted Milk Bark, Pretzel Caramel Bark, and Old-Fashioned English Toffee...now those are favorites of mine.

Favorite Dish: Mickey tasted the Pumpkin Pie Fudge and loved it, but then she saw that they had Pumkin pie with walnuts, and that is what she ordered. Before we made it home, she had eaten the rather small amount that she purchased!

I loved the Chocolate Walnut, but would love to try some of these to see if they are as delicious as they look!

Amaretto Chocolate Swirl
    Heath Toffee
    Maple Walnut
    Mint Chocolate Swirl

They have a little under 30 different flavors.

I would strongly suggest that if you find yourself in the village of Antioch, be sure to indulge in the homemade fudge at Something Sweet and Gourmet

Rugan's: Wine Bar-Martini's-Ale House-Tapas

Rugan's in Antioch, Illinois

I don't think that I have ever been so surprised as I was when I happened upon the relatively new Rugan's. First off, it is quite unique, bing a wine bar, Martini bar, Ale House, and Gourmet Tapas Bar They have live entertainment on Thursdays, and specials on all other days.

Antioch, or at least the Antioch I used to know when I lived here, would never have been fond of this kind of bar. Back in the day, Antioch was more "red neck" so to speak; thus, they would have made fun of terms such as Ale, Martini, and wine. HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED.

They serve fresh bread with specialty spread such as: Roma Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella,
    Roasted garlic and Hummus, Spinach & artichoke dip in a bread bowl.

They are famous for their Butternut Squash with crumbled blue cheese.

Favorite Dish: But, it's the Gourmet Tapas was the best. Taps portions are smaller than entrees. Here are a few offerings:

Gourmet Potstickers, Roasted Crabcake, Roma Tomato Bruschetta, Tuscan Quesadilla, Fruit & Cheese Platter to pair with Red Wine.

I loved the Gourmet Imported Olives. Yum!

They also give a choice betweeen Spinach Salad and Greek Salad [I opt for the Greek with Romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, feta with croutons. They have a delicious Greek vinaigrette.

But, the best is last....devine desserts.

Chocolate Fondue [served with strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, marshmallows, and pound cake.

Turtle cheesecake

Tiramasu

Brownie & Berry Skewer.

The only problem is making up your mind as to which one you will order.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Petrucci's Italian Market and Cafe: Out of the Way, But Worth It

Baked Mostaccioli

Check out all the photographs

I have visited Petrucci's Italian Market and Cafe on two different occasions. The first time was with my husband. We spotted the sign after we had completed eating Barbeque at another place. So, we went in to check it out and ended up purchased several items in their market to take home. We were impressed.

The second time that I visited was with my friend Mickey because we decided to eat lunch here.
    It was not too crowded [probably because of its location within a strip mall across from the railroad depot.]

The menu for lunch includes Salads, Grilled Panini, Mariano Sandwiches, Pizza, Additional Sandwiches, Pastas, and some specials.

I noticed other people were eating thin pizza, and if it is as good as it looked, I'll have to return to try it.

The service is friendly and efficient, and the atmosphere inside is pleasant and pretty.

Favorite Dish: Mickey ordered Baked Mostaccioli, and I was tempted to also order it because I love Baked Mostaccioli. However, I am glad that I did not because when her order came, she had to ask for it to be reheated because it was just warm. When they returned the Baked Mostaccioli was steaming hot [as it should be]. She gave me a small portion to try. I was not impressed because the sauce was too sweet for my taste. She, on the other hand, thought it was fine.

I ordered A Romano Grilled Panini made with three Italian cheese that was accompanied by Gourmet parmesan chips.. It was absolutely delicious. Mickey had some of it, and she agreed with my assessment. Because it was so good, that is why the photo shows it more than half eaten...I forgot about a photo since I was so eager to try it!

Even with the mediocre Mostaccioli, we both agreed it would be worth a return visit to try the pizza and the desserts next time.

Instant Answers: Antioch

Comments

Antioch Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Antioch restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Antioch sightseeing.