Antioch Shopping

Rose of Sharon Boutique [Upscale Resale]
  • Beautiful Rustique Store in Antioch, Illinois
    Beautiful Rustique Store in Antioch,...
    Rustique

Most Recent Shopping in Antioch

Antioch Floral: Always Helpful

by deecat Updated Nov 12, 2007

Antioch Floral

The first building that I photographed on my latest trip to Antioch this time was Antioch Floral right on Main Street. They have been serving the Antioch area for years. Over that time, they have changed the look of the building. I think that it is quite attractive, and the reason that I photographed it in the first place was because I found it enchanting.

Inside are beautiful greenery, both live and artificial and gifts to purchase. You can see the staff working diligently on their floral arrangements...a fascinating sight, indeed.

It is a family owned and operated with only one location. They are known for their service. After visiting, I can vouch for how friendly and accommodating they are.

What to buy: They offer fresh arrangements, silk arrangements, custom silk, green plants, blooming plants, custom stained glass, gift items, funeral arrangements, and weddings flowers.

What to pay: Antioch Floral is competitive in their market

Rustique [feels like home]: Unique and Beautiful Shop

by deecat Updated Nov 11, 2007

Beautiful Rustique Store in Antioch, Illinois

What a beautiful, elegant, unique store we discovered right there on Toft Street in Antioch! This store is very large and most delightful to visit. It is called Rustique, and their motto is "feels like home".

It is divided into different rooms, one just as spectacular as the next. Of course, since it was November, their store was decorated for Christmas and everything on sale was concerning Christmas and Christmas gifts.

Here, you will find items that you will see no place else. That is why it is quite expensive.

What to buy: Rustique is a store filled with home accessories, lighting, antique furniture, gift items, candles, and, at this time of year, beautiful Christmas decorations.

Mickey and I really like these candles called Wood Wick. The wick is actually made of a specialty wood that crackles like a fireplace log when it is lighted. They come in small and large and come in numerous scents that are not overwhelming.

Everything about Rustique is classy.

What to pay: Rustique is quite expensive, but after actually seeing the items, you will understand why.

Rose of Sharon Boutique: Upscale Resale Shop

by deecat Updated Nov 11, 2007

Rose of Sharon Boutique [Upscale Resale]

I've always been fond of resale shops. I find the most interesting and beautiful items that I could never afford at retail prices. Thus, I was pleased to discover on this most recent visit to Antioch, Illinois that there is a very upscale resale shop called Rose of Sharon Boutique. After learning that Sharon Westbrook is the owner, I assume it was named for her. Ironically, my grandfather named me after the Rose of Sharon Tree in our front yard. Very few people know that my first name is Sharon, but I have never gone by my first name.

Mickey and I were both impressed with this lovely shop. It is so well organized and presented. Most of the items that we examined looked brand new. The items are taken on consignment, and I'm sure that the owner is very selective in what she chooses.

There is additional parking [besides street parking] in the back of the store.

What to buy: From perusing Rose Of Sharon Boutique, I noticed in the organized sections such items as Business apparel, Casual and sports clothing, coats, jackets, and furs, jewelry, both fine and costume AND jewelry made by local artist.

It was interesting to note that they carry petite and plus sizes as well as junior and misses sizes.
    Fortunately, they also carry designer purses and shoes.

One of the most beautiful areas had to do with dress clothing for special times. The items were quite elegant. It just makes sense to purchase special occasion clothing in a resale shop because you usually only wear them once or twice and they are so very expensive.

What to pay: The prices were much higher than most resale shops that I have visited, but the quality of the items were of much higher quality. Regardless, the prices are far below retail.

Instant Answers: Antioch

Comments

Antioch Shopping

Reviews and photos of Antioch shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Antioch sightseeing.