Arlington Heights Warnings and Dangers

by kaloz
    Metal Fork -- mom
    by kaloz
  • Crowd Watching Races at Arlington Race Track
    Crowd Watching Races at Arlington Race...
    by deecat

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Arlington Heights

• deecat's Profile Photo

Tragedy Can Happen

by deecat Updated Jun 3, 2005

Crowd Watching Races at Arlington Race Track

As much as I love to go to the races, I always harbor a fear in my mind of a tragedy happening. This is because one July 4th Allan, his sister, brother-in-law, and I went to Arlington International Race Track for a fun day.

We were having such a day when suddenly, it became a very sad day. All four of us bet on the same horse in the feature race. It was a close race, but our horse came on strong at the end of the race, and crossed the finish line as a WINNER.

Then, the horse dropped over dead. The jockey was only slightly injured. We stood there flabergasted as the ambulance came; the doctor tried to revive the horse, but to no avail.

Do you realize how strange it was for all four of us to collect money on a dead horse? We could not continue after that; it was just too depressing.

Be prepared for such events. Just as in any sport, there are accidents, injuries, and tragedies for either animal or humans.

I only hope that I NEVER see that kind of incident ever again at the race track.

• Horse Riding

• kaloz's Profile Photo

Confusion in the big city

by kaloz Written Oct 30, 2002

Hotel Shuttles

Getting out of O'Hare can be confusing. There are stations for contacting your hotel for shuttle information, but it is such a large and busy place, you still may have trouble! The Radisson told me door 3. But all the exits were marked door 3!!. The Hotel shuttles are out door 3A, then across three lanes to the Hilton. Across are three doors where Hotel shuttles come, Doors 1,2,3.
    Make sure you are on the right shuttle, as there may be more than one of your hotel in the area!!!!

• kaloz's Profile Photo

Airport Security -- What a Joke!!

by kaloz Updated Oct 30, 2002

Metal Fork -- mom

After going through airport security screening. Where they will take away cuticle scissors, the airlines issued metal forks with the food service (ha!). I bet mom could do some damage with this fork. I kid you not.

Instant Answers: Arlington Heights

Comments

Arlington Heights Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Arlington Heights warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arlington Heights sightseeing.

View all Arlington Heights hotels