Aurora Restaurants

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Blueberry Hill Pancake House: Great Spot for a Big Breakfast

by riorich55 Written Nov 8, 2009
    Front Entrance

We arrived at Blueberry Hill Pancake House, about a 12 mile ride from our house on a recent Saturday morning around 10:15 and even though we were at the tail end of the breakfast rush and before the lunch rush we still had to wait about 10 minutes to get seated. But while we were seated we got some unexpected entertainment when 2 little girls danced around with one twirling the other. They both were very cute and the more attention we paid to them the more they danced. I asked the father if they had taken dance lessons since one of the girls was in a dance type dress. He commented that no they weren't in a dance class, but watched many Disney movies. The funniest moment for me is when the Mom asked the other girl if she would now like to twirl her sister and she commented, "She's the princess and I'm the prince." Princesses get twirled around and not vice-versa.

Any how after our wait Sue and I sat down, Sue got her coffee and we placed our order. Meanwhile at the table next to us a lady was talking about and holding a bouquet of parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme (think Simon and Garfunkel song from the 1960's). What was interesting was that just the night before I had listened to that song. After talking a little while I started talking about VT and gave them the website to look up my review and other travel sites. I've got to get some VT cards made up.

This is one of 5 Chicago area locations. The others are located in Homer Glen, Darien, LaGrange and Homewood.

They serve breakfast and lunch and are open everyday from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Favorite Dish: I'll just put down what Sue and I had on our most recent trip. Sue ordered the Denver Omelette with Wheat Toast and I had one of the specials, the Peaches and Cream French Toast. All the meals are reasonably priced and are huge. As usual I brought home half my breakfast but this time even Sue couldn't finish hers. So this morning we switched and I had the other half of her omelette and tomorrow she will have the other half of mine (she went out from breakfast today again, but with a friend of hers and not me)

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• East China Inn: Consistently Great Chinese!

by Dinanant Written Mar 25, 2008

Love it! I am very picky with my Chinese food - but this restaurant never disappoints!!! A vast menu that has something for everyone. My favorite is the mongolian chicken - sweet and spicy at the same time. I also recommend the chicken fried rice - real chicken instead of those little cubes you often find elsewhere!!! The decor is plain and somewhat dated. But, the food is great - and the service is fast!!! Large portions that are reasonably priced!!!

• Red Lobster: Red Lobster

by BROOKS Updated Aug 7, 2007

A lobster, the theme of the restaurant

Newer location, waitstaff are generally very attentive except one unpleasant blond that works there (don't know her name and don't want to!). My friend Malik and Clarissa work there too. Delicious food, the dinner bisuits are to die for.

Favorite Dish: Walt's Favorite Shrimp, $11.99 10 pieces of shrimp with large salad and potato

• Wine Tasting

• Walter Payton's Roundhouse: The oldest existing limestone roundhouse in the US

by BROOKS Written Jul 28, 2007

Cognac bar

International Award Winning Beer, along with American Regional Cuisine, a cusine that has been featured in top food magazines and culinary books are located next door to the Award Winning Comfort Suites Inn . Walter Payton's Roundhouse is an excellent stop on any self-sponsored pub crawl or bike trail excursion. The Aurora Transportation Center is the very last stop on Metra's Burlington North Santa Fe commuter line out of Chicago's Union Station.

Favorite Dish: Taste of America Wings/Ribs/Calamari/Onion strings/Chips w/salsa&guacamole $16.99

You can't go wrong with this, as it has many traditional American "appetizers". There's something for everyone on this platter.

Restaurant Reviews:

Restaurant Reviews
    America's Brewpub Review

Reviewed by Phil Vettel, Tribune Restaurant Critic:

Partly owned by the late Chicago Bear Hall of Famer Walter Payton, America's Brewpub is the crown jewel of a major restoration of the old Aurora roundhouse. The brewpub hosts a significant brewery operation that seems right at home in this massive structure. America's Brewpub features five all-grain brews. The Payton Pilsner and the Moonlite Ale, actually a light American lager, showcase the brewmaster's skill in making very pleasing lagers. All the beers are tasty-the Honey Wheat and the Moonlite are especially popular. The menu...features some excellent dishes, such as grilled Colorado brook trout with sundried cranberries and toasted peanuts. The chicken wings are great if you like four-alarm spiciness.

America's Brewpub also features a cigar and cognac bar (with a huge antique wood bar), a Walter Payton museum, outdoor seating with fireplaces and an excellent view of the entire brewing operation.

Reviewed by F.J. Bering at www.bier.org:

America's Brewpub at the Roundhouse offers a good menu and a tasty five beer selection (4 regular beers and one special brew that changes). My favorites were the Honey Wheat and the Payton Pilsner. This is an old railroad roundhouse that has been converted into the brewpub/cognac cigar bar/Walter Payton museum. Overall, good beer, good food and good ambiance.

• Beer Tasting
    • Casino and Gambling

• Paradise Inn Chinese...

by BROOKS Updated Jul 3, 2007

Paradise Inn Chinese Restaurant
    Very quiet place, not noisy, clean, and personable staff. Sue is the wife and will be the one hosting you. Nevermind all of her questions, she's just overly curious.
    This restaurant has had numerous names in the 50 plus years it's been in this location for one of the first Chinese restaurants in Aurora, Illinois. The food is really delicious here and their shrimp fried rice is cooked much better than 99% of the Chinese retaurants I've been to.

THE PARADISE INN CLOSED almost two years ago, and it was a sad reality. They remodeled the space and it has been empty.

Favorite Dish: Egg rolls, shrimp fried rice, Chinese fried shrimp, and crab rangoons. EVERYTHING was good.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo

Nikarry's: Great Family Restaurant

by KiKitC Written Dec 29, 2006

Under Construction

Hope you're hungry. Better be if you come here to Nikarry's! Every time we go ou to see the kids, we have breakfast here. The staff is sooooo freindly, they really make you feel at home. And the food is always great!

The waitress knows Gordie's family pretty well, as they come here often. It was surprising, and touching, when we came in for breakfast on Christmas Eve, and the waitress, Delores, had Christmas presents for Rhya! How cute is that?

Favorite Dish: Hey, here in New Jersey, if you want biscuits and gravy, you gotta make it yourself. So, given the chance, Nikarry's does a smash job at it. Do yourself a big favor though...think about ordering only a half order...the whole order is freakishly huge!

• pumpkinheart's Profile Photo

Ciara's Place: Fabulous Soul Food (And More)

by pumpkinheart Written Jan 16, 2006

The location is a narrow storefront right in the heart of downtown Aurora. It seems that the owner salvaged an excellent old building, turning it into great food downstairs and local music upstairs. The night we first stopped in, we were treated to an impromptu performance by the group that had been rehersing upstairs. There was a welcoming, friendly vibe throughout the evening.

Favorite Dish: I had the ribs. These kicked my tushie. My wife and I shared a bowl of jambalaya that was as good as any I've had anywhere. For dessert? How about a peach cobbler that's the size of your head? Yeah, bring an extra stomach: you'll need it.

Instant Answers: Aurora

Comments

Aurora Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Aurora restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aurora sightseeing.