Chicago West Suburb Bike Trails
The Western Suburbs of Chicago actually have some very nice bicycle trails, among them are:
- The Fox River Trail (beginner), see http://www.great-trails.com/foxriver.shtml
- The Illinois Prairie Path (intermediate), see http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/Programs/Biking/BIKEGDE.HTM
- The Great Western Trail (advanced), see http://www.co.kane.il.us/Forest/gwtrail.htm
Spring, summer, and fall are the best time to ride these trails
For more information on bicycle trails in Illinois, see http://www.bikelib.org/trails/biketrails.htm
George Grant Elmslie, Architect
For admirers of the Prairie School, there are five nicely preserved examples of commercial buildings designed by George Grant Elmslie. The Old Second Bank Building is marvelous, both inside and out. There have been a couple of additions and renovations, but they have been happily consistant with the original theme. it seems that the Prairie School and banks found a nice fit because there is another Elmslie-designed bank in Aurora (although it's no longer a bank), plus a funeral chapel and two office buildings.
Downtown Walking Tour
Downtown Aurora, IL is a very old town, with many historical buildings dating back to the early 1900's, many building are still standing and functioning.
- Historical Travel
- Arts and Culture
- Museum Visits
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.