Bloomington Nightlife

Not worth a detour
    by yooperprof
  • a queer eye for the straight midwestern town
    a queer eye for the straight midwestern...
    by yooperprof

Best Rated Nightlife in Bloomington

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

The Bistro: A good gay bar

by yooperprof Written Dec 10, 2003

a queer eye for the straight midwestern town

Wow. You know the times they are 'a changing. There is a good gay bar in Bloomington Illinois - the kind I would take my parents to, or my lover (if I had one), or my lesbian friends from Sweden, or the nice boy from next door who is just coming out. The Bistro shows that "the life" has come home to the midwest, and is doing quite well, thank you. The owners live upstairs, and obviously take pride in their establishment: a good dance floor; interesting d.j.s; attractive bar; friendly, mixed clientele. I wish that all gay bars had this level of quality! (Ask me sometime about the only gay bar in the upper peninsula of michigan - "Club Excess" I called it.)

Dress Code: Chacun à son gout

• Gay and Lesbian

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Illinois Brewing Co.: Not so good brewpub

by yooperprof Written Dec 10, 2003

Not worth a detour

Oooh, I can't recommend this place. I hate it when a place that advertises itself as a brewpub turns out to be your basic college frat boy bar. The beer was stale and skanky, the service slow and wilted, the food your standard bar fare (though I really enjoyed the home fries.) I understand this is a good place to hear local garage bands, but if you are a serious fan of the _British_ Michael Jackson, you'd better stay away from here.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Bloomington

Comments

Bloomington Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Bloomington nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bloomington sightseeing.