Canton Travel Guide

Good for: Families

Canton Restaurants

• rainbeaux78's Profile Photo

by rainbeaux78 Written Oct 25, 2007

The Palm Cafe is by far and away the best restaurant in Canton. For a town of only 15, 000, that may not seem like a big deal. But The Palm offers selections that you can't get anywhere else. The head chef creates her own menu, designs her own dishes, and truly goes for the original. When my husband and I dined there for our anniversary, we were told that the salad dressing we had was created because she perused the store bought aisle until she came up with an ingredient that no other salad dressing maker had based their dressing on. The atmosphere is very nice...dark and romantic...white table cloths...candlelight... But, there is no stuffy feel to it. The owner meanders between the tables and chats with his patrons. He will even gently place your napkin on your lap when you sit. There is a wide selection of top shelf liquors and wines.

Favorite Dish: The menu at The Palm Cafe changes regularly, so it's not easy to choose a favorite, since it is most likely no longer being served. I will remark on the most memorable...several years ago my mother took us there. We had two salad choices...something with goat cheese (which I don't like) and a Sicilian Orange Salad. All three of us decided to go Sicilian. When our plates were brought out, there were four cross sections of oranges arranged on the plate with black olives in the center and in each "corner" around the outside of the oranges. Olive oil was drizzled over the entire plate, and there was coarsely ground black pepper sprinkled over it all. We were all very skeptical of this "salad", but we all were amazed at how GREAT it was. My husband even made a replica of it at home a few months later. If you go to the Palm, be prepared to be surprised!

• Music
    • Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Canton

Comments

Canton Travel Guide
Map of Canton