Bella Notte, Chicago

by rmdw
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Belle Notte: West Loop-Neighborhood Italian

by Dabs Written Aug 1, 2010

3 O'Clock Club certificates come up for Bella Notte a lot and I remembered that a friend of mine had mentioned this as a great place to eat so I purchased a $50 certificate for $25 and forgot about it until a few days before it was to expire. The certificate was only good Sun-Thurs and Sunday was past the expiration so we went on a Tuesday night which is not a popular dining out night. There were a few other patrons in the restaurant, on the weekends I assume it's more crowded. There are private rooms according to reviews I saw, there is also a few outside tables but no one was sitting out there so I assumed it wasn't an open section. Plus it was a little too hot to sit outside. The dining room is classy, waiters dressed more formally. Prices are comparable with downtown options.

Favorite Dish: We started off with bruschetta ($6.95) which was very good traditional bruschetta. I ordered veal parmigiana (full $22.95/half $16.95) and it was also very good, the full portion is quite large and along with the side of penne marinara, I made two more lunches out of the leftovers. David had the chicken saltin bocca (full $17.95/half $12.95) and that was also good. I don't know that I would advise tourists to go out of their way to go here, after all there are plenty of good Italian restaurants in the more central area. But should you find yourself out that way, it's a good choice. But I don't know why anyone not from the neighborhood would find themselves out that way!

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Bella Notte: Wonderful Italian Food!

by rmdw Updated Oct 16, 2004

If you're looking for a classy place to take a date or just want an amazing meal then this is the place to go! And it's not expensive!!!

The meal I had at Bella Notte is one of the best Italian dinners I've ever had.

Highly recommended.

Favorite Dish: To start we all shared an Italian Salad. It was very cold (a good thing!), had fresh vegetables, and a delicious light dressing.

For the main couse I had the Home-Made Baked Cavatelli with spicy Arrabiata sauce. It consisted of gnocchi like piece of pasta immersed in a lovely cheese and sauce mixture. The full portion was HUGE and would have been easily enough for 2 people.

Salad Preparation at Bella Notte
    • Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Bella Notte
4.5 out of 5 stars