Big Bowl, Chicago

Big Bowl Asian Kitchen: River North/Gold Coast-Reasonable Asian

by Dabs Updated Mar 22, 2014

Big Bowl on Cedar

Last visit March 2014

It's been a while since I've eaten at Big Bowl, LEYE's long standing Asian restaurant. My original review here was from 2006, as it happens I brought the same niece here that I brought the last time. It's a good choice for Asian food in the tourist area which is more known for it's steakhouses, expense account restaurants and pizza places. Big Bowl is known as a family friendly spot and their website has a link describing their approach to children.

We made a reservation on Open Table but on a still chilly March Saturday for lunch it wasn't packed although quite a few of the tables were filled. Service was very quick and friendly.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the shrimp pad thai for lunch, it was a large portion, more than I could finish, my niece got the stir fry which you can either choose yourself or get chef's choice which is what she did.

• londonlover's Profile Photo

Big Bowl: Pan-Asian Cuisine

by londonlover Written May 26, 2003

Big Bowl

I haven't been inside this particular restaurant in the chain, but I'm pretty sure it's just as good as the location in Lincolnshire (a suburb). Lots of choices, a make-your-own stir fry bar, and delicious desserts!

• Big Bowl: Not what I expected

by jacksmom Written Dec 12, 2006

Our last trip to Chicago included a stop at Big Bowl, as I had heard great things about them. The food was okay, but not as great as everyone had said. The resturant was pretty small, there were families on both sides of our table with strollers that made moving difficult. Our service was horrible. Our waiter was inattentive and even disappeared for a while. By the time we got our food it was cold!

For similar food with better service go to Stir Crazy Cafe in the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg. The create your own stir fry is great and the chicken imperial rolls are excellent.

Favorite Dish: none

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Big Bowl: Thai/Chinese

by apbeaches Written Jul 7, 2008

Zagat's rated well for teens; it was around the corner from our hotel & was just pouring outside. The Sangria was good. The decor was contemporary, colorful & fun. Our vegetarian didn't like the dumplings & wanted sushi around the corner. I was disappointed with my spicy Thai Dish; it was barely edible. My husband & son each got a chicken dish & were pleased.

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Big Bowl
4.0 out of 5 stars