Bistro 110, Chicago

Croque Monsieur -- Bistro 110 style
    My frittata
  • Bistro 110
  • shrimp56's Profile Photo

Bistro 110 **SADLY CLOSING**: A little bit of France on E. Pearson St. **CLOSED*

by shrimp56 Updated Oct 11, 2011

This is a VERY popular restaurant for the people who live on the "Gold Coast" [the expensive condos north of Michigan Ave.]. Reservations are recommended. It is charmingly decorated and it's one of my husband's favorite places to eat, but for some reason I've never warmed to it. Maybe it's because it's one of the Levy "concept" restaurants and it feels "over-concepted" -- I don't know. Perhaps I should go back and test it again in the interest of VT???

Favorite Dish: At a recent brunch with some good friends at Bistro 110 I enjoyed the pictured frittata served in its cast iron pan, while one of our friends had the pictured Croque Monsieur. Our meal was accompanied by a wonderful New Orleans jazz band.

• lfllmg's Profile Photo

Bistro 110: Just Good, not great

by lfllmg Written Sep 28, 2007

We were there on a Monday so it was not a problem getting a table without reservations. The place is huge though with a nice decor. They were celebrating some anniversary and they had a prix-fix menu for just $25 dlls. I just had to go for it since it seemed like a very good deal. The duck salad was very good. I wasn't so lucky with my lamb stew, it was salty and the lamb didn't taste fresh. For dessert I had the apple pie which was very good. I liked that the apple was sliced thicker than usual which gave it a nice kick.
    The escargots that my husband had were tasty but were served without the shelf and that takes away part of the fun, I think. His steak aux poivre was just average, it wasn't the best quality steak but the sauce was good. Good wine list.

• jomusick's Profile Photo

Bistro 110: Brunch and Jazz, could you ask for more?

by jomusick Written May 15, 2007

This is a great restaurant off Pearson Street very close to shopping and not far Navy Pier. We went for Sunday brunch which was Fantastic. The atmosphere was great as was the food.

Favorite Dish: It's a toss up between the Lousianna crabcakes and eggs, and the creme brulee.

Instant Answers: Chicago