Boston Blackie's, Chicago

by dlandt
  • antistar's Profile Photo

Boston Blackie's: Great Half Pounders

by antistar Updated Feb 5, 2014

There's a couple of Boston Blackie's in Chicago now, but the original seems to be the one just off Michigan on Grand Avenue. They do some of the tastiest, juiciest half-pounders I've ever eaten. Normally a half pound of beef would just by the mere thought of it make me full, but these things are so tasty I wanted to eat more! And so I did. Not the same day, though. That would have made my stomach explode.

Favorite Dish: The strangely delicious Olive Burger half pounder.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Boston Blackie's: NMA/loop-Best burgers in town

by Dabs Updated Aug 12, 2012

Last visit 9/25/06

I don't go out for burgers often but when I have a tasty for a big juicy burger, I keep walking past McDonald's and Burger King, stay far, far away from Ed Debevic's and head over to Boston Blackie's.

Another place I like to go when I have a taste for a burger is Monk's Pub, conveniently located right around the corner from my former office at 205 W. Lake Street or Shamrock Club which is just north of the Merchandise Mart (see separate restaurant tip).

Favorite Dish: A burger, of course!

Burgers are over a 1/2 pound and you can top them with several different kinds of cheese, grilled onions, mushrooms, bacon or any combination of those ingredients. Burgers average $6-7 but they are BIG!

Fries, onion rings and several other appetizers are extra if you really think you need them.

• dlandt's Profile Photo

Boston Blackie's: Burgers Downtown - Boston Blackie's

by dlandt Written May 4, 2003

Blackie's

Boston Blackie's serves up huge burgers, over a half pound each. They're not cheap, but given the fact that they are downtown, the price is very reasonable. They have 2 locations, one on Grand and one at Canal and Monroe. Most of the burgers, which come nearly a la carte, are $6.25. Even if you order no sides, you will walk away full.

Favorite Dish: Huge burgers made with quality meat and toppings.

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Boston Blackie's
4.0 out of 5 stars