Cafe Ba Ba Reeba, Chicago

by Marisola
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Cafe Ba Ba Reeba: Lincoln Park-Spanish tapas

by Dabs Updated Jun 30, 2013

We hadn't eaten Spanish food in ages so when we were looking for a place for late night dining in Lincoln Park I thought Café Ba Ba Reeba sounded like a good idea. It was Chicago's 1st Spanish restaurant and is part of Rich Melman's LEYE group of restaurants which I consistently like. We arrived around 10:30pm, the place was still hopping but there were a few available tables. There's an outdoor patio but on this cool June night we were just as happy to be inside.

Service was quick, the tapas come out as they are ready so if you have a large group there should be a steady flow of dishes.

Parking in Lincoln Park used to be a real drag but now that all of the main streets are metered and limited to two hours, it's much easier finding a spot. After 10pm it's free to park.

Favorite Dish: Normally we would get sangria to go with our meal but we really just wanted a quick bite to eat so we passed on the sangria and ordered 4 tapas. We always get potatoes ali oli, no matter where we eat Spanish food, a cold potato salad with garlic mayo. Another of our favorites is chicken and ham croquetas which come with a couple of dipping sauces. We also got goat cheese baked in tomato sauce which comes with toasted bread and beef skewers with carmelized onions and horseradish cream. The tapas range from $5-11, start with a couple for each person, you can always order more.

• Marisola's Profile Photo

Cafe Babareeba: Best Tapas in Chicago!

by Marisola Updated Oct 18, 2009

Sangria at Babareeba!

If you've never tried a Tapas place before, Cafe Babareeba is the best in Chicago! "Tapas" are a Spanish type of appetizer which everyone can share. There are many to choose from, and they're all wonderful!

Favorite Dish: All of the dishes that I have tried are my favorites! I can't wait to try some more!
    There's baked goat cheese with tomato sauce and fresh bread for dipping, bacon wrapped dates with apple sauce, Spanish meatballs with spicy tomato sauce, beef tenderloin medallions with bleu cheese, sea scallops with couscous, raisins and pine nuts. And don't forget the homemade Sangria: authentic Spanish wine made with fruit.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Cafe Ba Ba Reeba: As if Almodovar lived in Lincoln Park

by yooperprof Written Apr 1, 2008

This Spanish Tapas place in Lincoln Park is a real local favorite. I met a dear friend here for lunch in Janaury 2008, and found it to be a perfect place to relax with a sangria and some excellent small plates of sunny Mediterranean food. good noon-time service ensured that our table was kept supplied with an ever-ready supply of both hot and cold "appeteasers" that eventually filled the both of us up.

• DJMist's Profile Photo

Cafe Ba Ba Reeba: Cafe Ba Ba Reeba

by DJMist Updated Jul 14, 2007

This is one of our favorite places to eat in Chicago. That's saying a lot. This is a Spanish tapas style restaurant. What makes it so fun is the atmosphere. They cram people into their dining room so it is loud with laughter and everyone drinking and having a good time. I always see big groups go to Ba Ba Reeba. They share huge plates of paella and pitchers of sangria with fresh fruit. Then everyone at the table orders tapas. If you've never had tapas are they are small potions of food (for Americans=appetizer size) So everyone orders several. They come served whenever they are preared so it seems there is always food coming. Tapas should be passed around the table and shared. That's what makes Cafe Ba Ba Reeba so great - the communal atmosphere. Oh, did I mention the food is great.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!: Fun Tapas!

by Etoile2B Updated Mar 16, 2005

Café Ba Ba Reeba is one of my old standbys in Chicago. Always delicious, this popular tapas restaurant by Lettuce Entertain You is perfect for groups. Located in the chic Lincoln Park neighborhood on the near northside, Café Ba Ba Reeba is easy to spot featuring vibrant colors indicative of the Spanish flare. Once inside you’re in Spain – well an Americanized, kitschy version of Spain. When the weather allows seating in the outdoor patio area is available and highly recommended. When you think of Café Ba Ba Reeba think loud and fun. This place is always a hit and now it’s also available in Las Vegas in the Fashion Show mall. Café Ba Ba Reeba also offers excellent and affordable cooking classes, wine tasting and flamenco shows. Check their monthly calendar for schedule, pricing and availability.

Favorite Dish: I’ve tried almost everything on the menu, thanks to the tapas style dining experience. Some of my favorite dishes are the Plato de la Casa, Patatas Alioli, Queso de Cabra al Horno, and the Empanadas de Pollo.

Allow 30 minutes for the paella, 2 serving minimum.

• lindsmarc's Profile Photo

Cafe Ba Ba Reeba: Spanish tapas to die for!

by lindsmarc Written Jun 29, 2004

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. It has indoor and outdoor seating, a great ambience, and even flamenco dinner shows and cooking classes on certain nights! It's a good idea to put in a reservation, because they're pretty popular now. Great choice if you're looking for a place full of people, energy, and fun!

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Queso de Cabra al Horno. It is goat cheese baked in tomato sauce that you dip garlic bread in. Delicious! I would also recommend the pollo relleno con queso (chicken dish) and the champinones rellenos (mushrooms).

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• dlandt's Profile Photo

Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba: Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba for Spanish

by dlandt Written Oct 31, 2003

Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba is a tapas bar which does a little bit more than most. It also offers paella, along with wine tasting nights and cooking classes, flamenco dancing and the like. Portions are generous, very tasty, and made with high quality ingredients. I myself really like the decor as well. Though its not what you would call an expensive dinner,I seldom spend this much for dinner, but here, when I do, I walk away thinking its worth it. Part of the reason I do, is because their food is so good I tend to order a lot.

Favorite Dish: Spanish meatballs are superb. There are also other dishes on the menu, like the beef tenderloin with bleu cheese, the seafood salad, and several paellas that are just to die for.

• Wine Tasting

• Cafe Ba-Ba Reba: Cafe Ba-Ba Reba

by Dawnad Written Aug 24, 2002

This spanish tapas restuarant is the perfect place to go with a large group. You order tapas (small appetizers) throughout the meal. The whole setting encourages a casual eating expereince with conversation and fun. The restuarant is decorated with Spanish muriels and decorations that make you feel like your in Spain. Its wonderful!

Favorite Dish: The escargot tapas is rich but incredible and the goat cheese with marinara sauce must item to be ordered. Their Sangria is excellent- not too tart and they are constantly filling your glass with fresh fruit and more ice!

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Cafe Ba Ba Reeba
4.0 out of 5 stars