Carmine's, Chicago

• Marisola's Profile Photo

Carmine's: Italian Dining on Restaurant Row

by Marisola Updated Apr 4, 2011

Carmine's

Rush Street is the place to see and be seen in Chicago. It is the busiest place on weekends especially at lunch and dinnertime. You can see many people nicely dressed arriving in their fancy sportscars which the valet will park right on the street near the restaurants.

Carmine's Restaurant is in the middle of all of the action, also has dining outdoors, and of course, it has great food. As one of the original famous "Rosebud" restaurants, you will most definitely be pleased with their cuisine.

Favorite Dish: For starters, some of my favorites are the roasted red peppers with fresh Mozzarella, steamed mussels or stuffed mushrooms. As an entree, they have all of your Italian pasta favorites, but I always prefer the veal. Veal Parmesan is a classic veal, fried and topped with Marinara sauce and Mozzarella. Veal Francese is fried and served with lemon butter sauce. Veal Limone is sauteed in lemon butter sauce and served with pine nuts. Veal Marsala is sauteed with mushrooms and wine sauce. Veal Saltimboca is served with Prosciutto ham and mozzarella cheese. Which veal would you prefer? I enjoy all of them!

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• jozwitch's Profile Photo

Carmine's: GREAT Italian food!

by jozwitch Updated Apr 4, 2011

I *heart* this place! I wish I was rich so I could eat here all the time and not just when family comes to visit. It's huge, but it almost always packed since it's right on Rush Street, it's open late and the food is to die for! They have a full bar and can make absolutely anything you could possibly want. I went here with someone who purposely ordered the most obscure liquors just to be difficult and they had them all - I was impressed! Be prepared to wait for a table, but wait knowing that it will be well worth it.

Favorite Dish: Everything! I have never had anything here that I didn't exclaim with delight over how wonderful it tasted - seriously.

• Business Travel

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Carmine's: NMA/Rush Street-Italian

by Dabs Updated Apr 4, 2011

Carmine's on Rush

Last visit 12/12/05 when Kat (keida84) came to the Windy City!

Carmine's is on the same tourist stretch of Rush Street as Gibson's, Hugo's Frog Bar and Tavern on Rush, affectionately known as the Viagara Triangle (because of all the hot young ladies seeking out older rich sugar daddies!)

My first visit was on a warm Friday evening in September, the restaurant was packed with people as were the streets and sidewalks surrounding the restaurant. Our friends know the maitre d' here so we were able to secure one of the outside tables without a long wait. My second visit in December 2005, we ate indoors and it was very busy early on a Monday evening.

Carmine's is one of the Rosebud family of restaurants and since the Rosebud on Taylor Street is my favorite Italian place, I expected good things from this place and I was not disappointed. I liked this restaurant better than Rosebud on Rush but my favorite remains the Rosebud on Taylor St.

Favorite Dish: We started off with several appetizers-fried calamari, oysters and a scallop special. All were good, I think the Rosebud restaurants have the best calamari in the city so I was especially pleased with that choice.

Although many of the entrees looked quite appealing, I stuck to what I know Rosebud does well, Chicken Parmigana. It was quite good, the portion is enough to feed two (or for leftovers), the sauce is flavorful, the chicken tender.

David had Pork Chops Pizziola which had a nice flavor but weren't as moist as I would have liked.

We had a couple of bottles of wine with dinner so our cost was higher than indicated below. If you stick to wine by the glass or cocktails, the cost of the meal should be $30-$40 per person.

• jmhenry1123's Profile Photo

Carmine's: Best Gold Coast Restaurant...

by jmhenry1123 Written Apr 18, 2005

Carmine's is located on the Gold Coast of Chicago and is probably the best place on Rush street for lunch or dinner. The food is spectacular and the service is superb.

The restaurant is versatile because it suits so many types of dining, the romantic to the raucous friendly get together.

The menu features Italian cuisine perfected to an art form. Everything on the menu is delicious.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Grilled salmon served on a bed of arugula in a white wine and capers sauce.

Carmine's also makes fantastic steaks.

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Carmine's
5.0 out of 5 stars