Carson's, Chicago

by Dabs
    Carson's
    by grkboiler
  • kandl1's Profile Photo

Carsons Rib's: Good Ribs in a Classy Joynt!

by kandl1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

We're talking old-school BBQ here...not a greasy "down home" place, but a place with tablecoths, waiters as old as the building, complimentary chopped liver (chopped liver????!!) in the bar and plenty of people waiting to get in for those ribs.
    It was in walking distance from the hotel so we walked along the river and had a nice time.
    Ok, the restaurant is kinda dark but noisy. Yes, there is chopped liver in the bar, along with cream cheese and pumpernickle bread (like I said, old-school) to nosh on while you're waiting, or just drinking.
    The waiters were older gentlemen, who didn't smile much, nor say too much, but got the job done smoothly and timely.

Favorite Dish: We had some potato skins, which were pretty good, but still potato skins (stuffed with cheese and bacon)
    The ribs were really good, we had the baby backs (pork). Good cole slaw and ceaser salad.

mmmmmmm  ribs
    • Business Travel

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Carson's: prime rib

by traveloturc Written Jun 8, 2006

I ask to the hotel for a good steak they recommend me Carson's.This is very well known restaurant in Chicago. It is famous for its ribs and it was really a festival for all the group
    Because Turcs used to eat meat and its difficult for us to be satisfy with the meat in other countries
    Carson’s merit his popularity

are you ready

• Carson's: Famous Chicago Ribs

by grkboiler Updated Feb 23, 2004

Carson's is a popular BBQ restaurant in Chicago. It is famous for its ribs, which can be ordered for overnight delivery all over the US. The atmosphere is nothing special, but the ribs are great (not the best in the city, but still great), so I would recommend eating here if you like ribs.

Carson's is open from lunch to 11 PM on Sunday - Thursday, and until 12:30 AM on Friday and Saturday. Carry-out is available. The dress code is casual.

Favorite Dish: I would recommend the ribs & chops combo. You get the best 2 items on the menu - the 1/2 slab of ribs are great and the pork chop is enormous. Make sure you get the cole slaw with your meal, it is excellent.

Carson's

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Carson's Ribs: River North-Best place downtown for ribs

by Dabs Updated Dec 15, 2003

Carson's is my favorite place to go when I have a taste for barbecue pork chops

Favorite Dish: I must confess that I never have the ribs as I just love their pork chops. The dinner comes with 2 sizable thick pork chops to which you can add some of the tasty barbecue sauce. I always have to take one home. My husband always gets the ribs though and it is his favorite place for ribs.

The meal comes with very tasty rolls and bread, cole slaw and a choice of potato, the au gratin potatoes are awesome!

Carson's Ribs

• wreckloose's Profile Photo

Carson's: The Place For Ribs

by wreckloose Written Feb 8, 2004

Amazing... and the many many celebrities they have photographed on the wall eating there can attest to that.

Favorite Dish: The ribs... simple.

Having a little too much fun at Carson's

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Carson's
3.5 out of 5 stars