Elephant and Castle Pub, Chicago

Fallen Angels Reproduction
    Entrance and Outside Tables
    More Pictures on the Wall
  • shrimp56's Profile Photo

Elephant and Castle Pub: Location & Quality = A Great Spot for a Brew :)

by shrimp56 Updated Oct 11, 2011

Exterior

A nicely located pub that is better than the usual. It is part of a chain that originated in Vancouver, Canada and there is a second one in Chicago in a Radisson near upper Michigan Ave, but the location in the financial district guarantees an active and corporate clientele.

The decor takes you an English pub, but we ate rather ordinary lunches: Chicken Salad and Flatbread Bruschetta.

Favorite Dish: The beer of course!

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Elephant and Castle: A North American British Type Pub

by riorich55 Written Jun 21, 2011
    Entrance and Outside Tables

During our weekend in Chicago during the June, 2011 VirtualTourist meeting, Sue and I stopped in here for lunch as it was close to our next meeting point with the VT group. We had gone on an 11:00 a.m. Chicago River and Lake Michigan Boat Tour which finished around 12:30 p.m. We then let small groups go to their own spots for lunch before meeting up again at 2:30 p.m. at the Chicago Cultural Center for the start of our afternoon walking tour. The day was a little muggy and so Sue and I opted to sit inside by the window where we could watch the people eating outside while staying cool inside. It is also a pretty noisy place outside because of the car traffic and especially it is one of the turning points above the street level of the Chicago "El" Trains.

There are 3 E & C Restaurants in downtown Chicago and about 20 throughout parts of the United States and Canada.

Favorite Dish: This was our first time here. The food was alright. I had a reuben sandwich which was above average and reasonably priced for downtown Chicago while Sue opted for the steak and blue cheese salad which was a bit pricey but tasty. We are not big beer drinkers (I have some periodically, but Sue rarely does) so I guess we didn't experience the true pub atmosphere. Instead we had ice teas which we refilled 2 times.

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Elephant & Castle: For coffee or beer in the morning!

by Jefie Updated Apr 4, 2011

At the Elephant & Castle for breakfast

I happened to walk by the Elephant & Castle on my way back to the Affinia one day and saw that they served breakfast from 6:30 to 11:00 am everyday so I decided to give it a shot. The breakfast menu was not very extensive but it had all your classic breakfast options, service was nice and quick, and the price was right. The funny thing was that even though I was there quite early, a few people were already drinking beer so I guess it's up to you whether you'd rather have your eggs with a hot coffee or a cold lager!

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Elephant and Castle: Bang On

by grayfo Updated May 8, 2009

British Pub and Restaurant Concept.

I’ve now been in the States two weeks; I’d been to 5 airports and 8 cities. I’d overdosed on steak and I was getting homesick. The answer, a couple of pints and Fish and Chips at an English pub. Authenticity 7 out of 10, quality 9 out of 10. Good try lads, it’s my last night and I’m flying back to London tomorrow on a full stomach.

Everyday: 11am to Midnight

email gmwabash@elephantcastle.com

Favorite Dish: 2 Bud Lights, Cod and Chips, Brownie Bite $24.49 plus tax.

May 2009

• ginalynne's Profile Photo

Elephant and Castle Pub: A Bit of Britain

by ginalynne Updated Jul 7, 2007
    Elephant and Castle

We stumbled upon the Elephant and Castle by accident. As I was with my friend from Yorkshire, we decided to pop in and check out the pub grub. I ordered the Guinness Irish Stew and received a massive bowlful that could probably feed two people. It was really good for the price and was true stick-to-your-ribs food. Not bad for a chain restaurant!

• Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo

Elephant and Castle Pub: Elephant and Castle Pub

by Ericasmurf99 Written May 6, 2007

We had some time to kill before catching our train, so we ducked in here for a bit and had a snack. It was a great place! Food was great and our waitress was so nice.

Favorite Dish: We shared nachoes and brushetta. Both great.

• Hosell's Profile Photo

Elephant & Castle: A British Pub at Chicago's Downtown!

by Hosell Updated Aug 5, 2003

This is a really British Pub in the heart of Chicago.You can choose between a few very nice dishes of English or American cook.Also has a very good variety of British Beers,as Guinnes,Newcastle and lots more!!

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Elephant and Castle Pub
4.5 out of 5 stars