Garrett Popcorn, Chicago

by rmdw
  • lisha74's Profile Photo

Garrett's Popcorn: Worth the Wait

by lisha74 Updated Jan 14, 2010

Garrett's Popcorn is a Chicago tradition. They have several locations, and you'll most likely have to wait in line, but its worth the wait. I have friends and relatives who INSIST on stopping here whenever they're in town.

Favorite Dish: The Chicago Mix - caramel and cheese popcorn combined in one bag.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Garrett Popcorn Shops: Loop/NMA-Popcorn

by Dabs Updated Nov 15, 2009

Garrett's Popcorn

New locations opened in 2009-Magnificent Mile at 625 N. Michigan Avenue, Merchandise Mart and Navy Pier

I couldn't figure out what all the hype was about Garrett's Popcorn and why there's always a line streched out the door. So when a co worker was heading there one day, I had her pick me up a small bag and now I know what all the fuss is about!!!

People swear by a mixture of cheese and carmel corn, tasting them together didn't do much for me but separately they are pretty tasty and dripping with calories. Make sure you have some napkins handy if you plan on eating while you are walking especially with the cheese popcorn.

The North Michigan Avenue location has moved, it is now at 625 N. Michigan Avenue at Ontario. If it's anything like the one that was there before, there will be huge lines, the ones in the Loop have more reasonable waits. The one on Randolph Street is very close to Macy's on State Street and next door to the Oriental Theater. And good news for people like me who are always bringing Garrett's to friends and fellow VTers, there are now 2 shops at O'Hare airport.

Favorite Dish: Cheese popcorn that seems to be dripping with buttery cheese

Carmel corn

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Garrett Popcorn: Tasty, Tasty Popcorn!

by rmdw Written Oct 18, 2004

Garrett Popcorn

I was very skeptical about going somewhere to get popcorn. I like the stuff but it's not the kind of food I would go out of my way for. Yet Dabs and Shekaago kept on insisting!

I'm very glad I gave in. I went with Shekaago and she suggested we get a mixed bag of CaramelCrisp and CheeseCorn. It was absolutely delicious! I am definitely now a convert and the future will see me buying more of this tasty treat.

There are 4 locations, all located in The Loop.

Favorite Dish: Diehard fans can order popcorn online and have it sent to them!

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Garrett Popcorn
3.5 out of 5 stars