Grand Lux Cafe, Chicago

• Grand Lux Cafe
    by Mairo21
  • Grand Lux Cafe
    by Mairo21
  • Szechuan duck with asparagus, side of french fries
    Szechuan duck with asparagus, side of...
    by dircelo
  • Mairo21's Profile Photo

Grand Lux Cafe: Don't miss it.

by Mairo21 Written Dec 25, 2007

The artistic ambience grabbed my attention. The restaurant was very stylish and had interesting decor. Originally my friend and I stopped in for a late nite dessert and coffee, but there are many more things on the menu worth trying. Grand Lux Cafe's eclectic menu offers extraordinary variety and selection, with flavor profiles ranging from Thai, Malaysian and Caribbean, to classic American and European specialties. With every item prepared fresh to order in our exhibition-style kitchen, the focus remains on providing guests with the finest, freshest foods available.

Favorite Dish: Didn't try the appetizers or entrees, but for dessert..I'd definitely recommend the Molten Chocolate Cake. Takes about 30 minutes to prepare. But it is so worth the wait!

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Grand Lux Cafe: Where Ladies Lunch on Michigan Avenue

by TRimer Updated Jan 2, 2007

I really love the architecture of this restaurant. It reminds me of Paris. There are these beautiful lamps that remind me of the lampposts outside the Opera House in Paris.

With that said, I usually do not frequent the Grand Lux Cafe often as there are always long lines and I don't typically have a lot of time to kill. However, I have had the occasion to take my mother and law to be here recently and was pleasantly surprise. Be sure to be returning home (or at least back to your hotel) right after the meal because you cannot eat their dishes in one sitting.

The better tables are the ones in the front round room or ones with views of Michigan Avenue.

Favorite Dish: They have a very vast and ecletic menu. A little more exotic than the Cheesecake Factory (yes we asked and they are owned by the chain).

I had the Southwestern Salad which was lettuce topped with a chicken breast, fresh corn, black beans, tortilla strips, avocado and pepper-jack cheese. It was tossed in a Honey-Lime Vinaigrette. I complemented the salad with corn bread- yum! Pat had the Crispy Fish and Chips- which she loved but could not finish.

Be prepared to wait at least 45 minutes for a table.

• Women's Travel

• dircelo's Profile Photo

Grand Lux Cafe: close your eyes and let your finger slide and stop

by dircelo Written Feb 13, 2006

seated near the kitchen but with great overview

than you have found a dish on the menu, cause everything is delicious. The waiters are the friendliest in the industry and that considered the long ways they got to run to your table.

This restaurant (chain) must be sister restaurant to the Cheese cake factory. It is also one of the Chicago Mega restaurants, where guests want to see and be seen. It always seem to be full and that contributes to the atmosphere.

It is plenty to order only a main dish, since portions are not small. But you could take a doggy bag if you feel like more.

Favorite Dish: seafood, mashed potatoes, anything is fine.

• Wine Tasting

• zuriga's Profile Photo

Grand Lux Cafe: GREAT LUNCH

by zuriga Written Nov 24, 2005

GRAND LUX CAFE

Luckily, I was staying right across the street from this very popular restaurant. People line up early for lunch and dinner, and there's always a line! I hadn't eaten in the States for over a year so I indulged in a giant hamburger and french fries.. it was delicious. The menu is huge and very reminiscent of The Cheesecake Factory. If you can't find something that sounds appealing, then you're in trouble!

• sarah00's Profile Photo

The Grand Lux Cafe: Amazing food!

by sarah00 Updated Apr 26, 2005

I don't feel like putting it in the catagory of American does it justice. It has a little bit of everything from steak to seseme tofu (which I hear is awesome!) It's owned by the Cheesecake factory so their deserts are very good. I don't usually do desert but I had to try one of their cheesecakes and let me tell you. It was the best desert I've ever had.

The only problem was our waiter wasn't very good. He forgot to put in one of your orders and than wasn't very quick on the draw when asked for refils or something extra. However dispite that everyone enjoyed the resturant. Even the girl who's meal came late.

It wasn't exacly expensive but it wasn't exacly cheap. I my main course was $21, my desert was $5 and we had a bottle of wine so after my share of that plus tax and tip was spend about $40 on myself. But it was worth it and if you drink water insead of wine you can get away for under $25!

Favorite Dish: I've only eaten there once but I had the Mediteranian Halibut and it was amazing! Than I had the carmel cheesecake and WOW is all I can say!

• Dr._Aldakov's Profile Photo

Grand Lux Cafe: Check out this hit!

by Dr._Aldakov Updated Sep 23, 2002

It's a new restaurant situated in the very very center of Chicago. Despite its luxurious design and perfect location it is surprisingly relatively cheap: entrees cost $13-20 which is very very reasonable. They have a variety of food all over the world, meat, fish, pasta, oriental and other. I would call the interior style "empire" and it's really hard to believe that you can afford a dinner in such "royal" surroundings... By the way I recommend that you ask the waiter to give you a table on "rotonda" which has a marvellous overlook onto "Magnificent Mile".
    Professional review: http://metromix.com/top/1,1419,M-Metromix-Home-!PlaceDetail-23659,00.html

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Grand Lux Cafe
4.5 out of 5 stars