Hugo's Frog Bar, Chicago

by kimberbakos
  • kimberbakos's Profile Photo

Hugo's Frog Bar: Funny name, awesome restuarant

by kimberbakos Updated Apr 4, 2011

The wait staff was impeccable. Very attentive, but not at all intrusive. The knowlege of the menu was impressive.
    We had a party of 10 people, and every person raved about their food. To please that many people, who ordered a variety of dishes, isn't easy to do.
    By far the most popular was the stuffed cod, which about 1/2 the table had. I had a taste and it was very good. The clam chowder was out of this world! Two of us enjoyed the porterhouse, which of course was great since Gibson's in Hugo's sister restaurant. Other choices were swordfish and stuffed lobster.
    The creme brule is to die for, the best I've ever tasted, if you somehow have room left over for it.
    The best part was that we could all sit a large table and hear eachother without too much background noise to drown us out. But it wasn't so quiet to where we felt out of place talking across the table.
    I'll definately be back!

Favorite Dish: I had the lobster because that is my favorite, but there's nothing exciting about it. But the black rasberry sorbet I had for dessert was perfect - I was stuffed, but wanted something sweet and this more than hit the spot, and didn't leave me feeling overly full.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Hugo's Frog Bar
5.0 out of 5 stars