Toast, Chicago

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Toast: Lincoln Park-Yummy breakfast food

by Dabs Updated Mar 18, 2007

Stuffed French toast at Toast

After reading the reviews of this place I wasn't quite sure what to expect but although I knew that there is usually a wait for a table on the weekends, I hadn't expected one on Friday at lunch time but sure enough there was. The hostess said it'd be about a 1/2 hour for a table so we opted to eat at the bar which actually probably was more fun that sitting at the table as we got to listen to the sarcastic hostess poke fun at everyone walking in, at us and at the rest of the staff.

The restaurant is very small so if you are coming here on the weekend, expect a wait and don't expect to get a table if your whole party is not there.

Favorite Dish: As much as I love breakfast food, I don't eat it that often because I never have time and it's SO high in calories. Even though Toast does carry sandwiches, soups and salads, my eyes kept wandering back to the breakfast menu and I opted for stuffed French toast and when I wavered on which one I was offered a combination which is what I had. I liked the chocolate cream stuffed the best, the marscapone was very good and the strawberry, while good, was my least favorite. My friend ordered an omelet which was huge.

Total bill was a little over $20.

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Toast
4.0 out of 5 stars