Volare, Chicago

201 E. Grand Avenue

Volare
    by Dabs
  • xuxaBR's Profile Photo

Volare: Don't Miss this One !

by xuxaBR Updated Nov 20, 2006

Volare is a small Italian restaurant with some outside seating when the weather permits. I was staying close by so I decided to give it a try. When we got there the place was packed tight ! There were people standing outside, inside, everywhere waiting for a table! No chance of getting a chair to sit at the bar ! We had to stand for 20 minutes with waiters and waitresses running back and forth with drinks and food, before we could get a space at the bar and wait for our turn to be seated ! But all that was worth it and more !!! The food was great ! The house salad with their own dressing was incredible ! The portion was more than enough, and everything was perfect ! I recommend making a reservation but don't miss the opportunity to enjoy the most delicious Italian food in town ! That's what I heard from the locals...I agree !

Favorite Dish: Fettuccinni Alfredo and the House Salad with their Vinagrete dressing ...delicious if you like greens !

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Volare: NMA/Streeterville-affordable tasty Italian

by Dabs Written Oct 6, 2006

Volare

Friends of mine have been talking about this place for years as a great place to get Italian so when one of my favorite lunch buddies came to town, we picked this place to have lunch on a Friday afternoon. I've heard reports that it can be VERY busy on Friday and Saturday nights and a bit noisy but it was busy but not full on a Friday afternoon.

Favorite Dish: I started off with a delicious lobster bisque, filled with tasty lobster meat, not one of those "I waved the lobster over the bowl" bisques-YUM! And although I briefly toyed with ordering something other than chicken parmigiana, I ended up ordering my favorite Italian dish. It was reasonably priced at around $11 and came with a side of pasta, the portion was large enough that I couldn't finish it but not obscenely large like the Rosebud restaurants where you could feed a family of four with each entree.

Instant Answers: Chicago

Comments

Hotels Near Volare
3.5 out of 5 stars