Eating & Drinking, Chicago

Know about this? Rate It!

• travelwithmely's Profile Photo

Vosges Haut Chocolate: Want the best chocolates in Chicago???

by travelwithmely Written Jan 21, 2004

food

This place is a must for Chocolate lovers....
    Their chocolates are made from excotic ingredients. They are just to beautiful to be eaten, but when you do, you are in heaven. If you have a chance, go to their website to see what I am trying to describe to you. Enjoy!!!!

What to buy: Well, it is hard to say, but I would go with their special of the month.

What to pay: Well, it is pretty expensive, but you will not regret it. I believe it is almost $2.00 for one little piece of Chocolate.

• Wine Tasting

• rmdw's Profile Photo

The Spice House: A Potpourri of Spices in Chicago!

by rmdw Written Oct 29, 2003

A Spice House Giftbox

This wonderful store sells hand mixed seasonings from two locations:
    1512 Wells St., Chicago
    1941 Central St., Evanston

I received a gift pack from one of my Chicago VT friends. It consisted of 4 delightful spices:
    Bronzeville Rib Rub
    Old Taylor St. Cheese Sprinkle
    Lake Shore Drive Seasoning
    Old World Central Street
    I started using them as soon as I got home!

Owned & operated by Tom & Patty Erd, this is THE place to go if you're looking for GREAT spices in Chicagoland!

What to buy: They offer a number of gift boxes, perfect for every occasion.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Giordano's: Chicago's Signature Deep Dish Pizza by Mail Order

by grandmaR Written Jul 11, 2003

photo from their website

A signature Chicago dish is the deep dish pizza. When I was looking up Giordano's on the internet, I found that one can now get their pizza by mail order anywhere in the U.S.

What to buy: Their website says:

"Giordanos will now half bake and freeze our famous stuffed pizzas. They are packed in dry ice for shipping anywhere in the USA. We will not ship to Canada. We only ship 12 inch medium stuffed pizzas and will not ship meat. The shipping price includes Fed Ex priority over night service, dry ice and an insulated container which can hold up to four pizzas. Your pizza will be made and frozen the first day, shipped the second day, and will arrive the third day. Depending on the time you placed your order, the pizza will be made that day or the day after. Orders made Thursday or Friday we will not ship until Monday for you to receive on Tuesday. We do not ship on Saturday unless you request it. Fedex charges $10 extra for Saturday delivery which we will charge you at your request. Call the store for Saturday delivery. All orders will be processed at the Rosemont IL. location. For questions about your order please call them."

• ChicagoGuy's Profile Photo

Binny’s: Gourmet Wine/Liquor/Food

by ChicagoGuy Updated Feb 24, 2003

If you have a taste for gourmet wine, liquors, and food, this is the place for you. I have traveled a lot. Sometimes, at home, I want some of the exotic flavors I have had abroad. I can find many of these things at Binny’s in Lakeview.

What to buy: I like the Pisco (from Peru) with sugar and lime juice. The Ravenswood wines, from Sonoma California, are wonderful. The French wines, like Chateauneuf du Pape, are always good. Also, they have some tasty cheese and olives.

Hours: Mon-Sat: 9:00-9:00
    Sun: 11:00-6:00
    Email: ivanhoe@binnys.com

What to pay: You can spend a little or a lot here. I can find a good wine here starting at $10.

• dlandt's Profile Photo

Tony's Deli: Italian Groceria

by dlandt Written Feb 19, 2003

This is a medium sized groceria that also serves up good sandwiches. They have the usual assortment of Italian cold cuts and cheeses as well as about five rows of imported food and other things, mostly Italian with a minor in Greek. Olive oils, biscotti, coffees etc.

What to buy: Italian Sausage, seafood salad, fresh bread, scamorza, hot capicola, gardiniera, sub sandwiches

What to pay: About the same as a grocery store, though some of the imported foods are a little more.

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Fox & Obel: Gourmet Gallery

by garridogal Updated Apr 4, 2011

Oops!

If I lived in Chicago I'd shop here. Not only can you get fun gourmet groceries and a meal but if you drop something (I didn't do it - swear!), they're really nice about it!

Instant Answers: Chicago