Which baseball team in Chicago you root for is more or less predetermined upon birth-you grow up on the Northside you will become a Cubs fan, Southside a White Sox fan. Moving to another section of the city rarely breaks the bond and people who root for both teams are an oddity. I'm one of those oddities, I grew up a Cubs fan since I lived on the northside until after college, but I've lived in White Sox territory almost as long so I find I can root for them as well, it doesn't hurt that they won the World Series in 2005!!!!
Visitors to the city are more likely to head to Wrigley Field to watch the Cubbies play. Why? Wrigley Field where the Cubs play is a classic ballpark, the replacement for Comiskey Park known as US Cellular Field has no emotional attachment with its fans or visitors. Cub fans are loyal and fill the stadium even when the lovable losers are doing just that, Sox fans tend to be a bit more fickle although still riding high on the 2005 World Series sweep. And Wrigley Field is in a more appealing neighborhood, fans historically have fle from Sox Park right after the game although the area is undergoing some gentrification, Wrigleyville has many nice bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity.
If you are just a baseball fan in general and the high ticket prices are discouraging you from going to see a game, you might check out the minor league teams that play out in the suburbs-the Kane County Cougars, the Schaumburg Flyers, the Joliet Jackhammers or the Gary Railcats.
Do girls really take longer in the bathroom?
So, walking home after the game, Dylan and I both needed to pee. Lo and behold there was a McDonald's up ahead...but when we went in, it was like entering the twilight zone. The line for the men's bathroom was huge and there was no line at the women's room. What the hell?! Well, maybe it has something to do with the 70/30 guy/girl ratio at the game...it's a possibility.
The Peninsula Hotel in Chicago is an absolutely wonderful hotel! Every detail is thought through and...more
One of the prettiest, sleekest, nicely designed hotels i've been in.more
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to discover Chicago on foot! It is located...more
Latest Chicago Hotel Reviews
- The Avenue Hotel Chicago
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
- Congress Plaza Hotel
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 17 Reviews
- Hostelling International Chicago Summer Hostel
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
- The Silversmith Hotel & Suites
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
- Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 10 Reviews
- DoubleTree Hotel Chicago - Magnificent Mile
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
- Hotel Sax Chicago
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- Cass Hotel
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- PUBLIC Chicago
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Explore the World
- Pacific Palisades Hotels
- Napa Hotels
- Cordelia Junction Hotels
- Talawakele Hotels
- Nittambuwa Hotels
- Boca Chica Key
- Sestri Levante
- Mari Hotels
- Cape Town Hotels
- Costa Rica
- Nanu Oya Hotels
- Thomastown Hotels