Been here? Rate It!
Glessner House Museum FREE on Wednesdays
Built in 1887 by architecture Henry Hobson Richardson, Glessner`s house is in the top 10 most loved American private homes according to the American Institute of Architecture.
Glessner`s house is the only survived Richardson`s building in the Midwest and is a National Historic Landmark since the 70s.
Among other things, there you can see the bronze copy of Lincoln`s life mask and hands made in 1886 and bought by Glessner for $85. The right hand is slightly bigger than the left. It is so because the night before the casting, Lincoln had done a lot of hand-shaking at the party of his nomination as a presidential candidate and his hand was swollen the next day.
- Museum Visits
- Budget Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Chicago Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Hanging Rock State Park Hotels
- Calvert Cliffs State Park Hotels
- North America
- Sedona Hotels
- Coyoacán Hotels