Rush Street, Chicago

Adoreable Housing
  • MJB123's Profile Photo

Rush to Rush Street

by MJB123 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Okay, so that was an awful pun, but to get a taste of La Dolce Vita in Chicago take a stroll down Rush Street. This is where the upper classes go to have dinner and hang out.
    It is the trendy area to be in with stores (or should I say boutiques) and nice restuarants--some of which are affordable.
    If you have the money, go to Gibson's Steakhouse--a Chicago institution where the rich and powerful eat (as proven by the Mercedes Benzs, BMW, Rolls Royces, Porches, and Ferraris parked on the street).
    There is a Bentley Dealership that recently opened up in the area if you want to do a little shopping afterwards.

• Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Little Windmills on the Hillside....

by Seabiscuit Written Jun 18, 2005

No, these were *not* made of 'ticky-tacky', rather, they were a walkway planting. How very cool! I'm amazed that the Chicago of twenty years ago was so different. They have traded the 'pan-handlers' of yore with truly interesting art and foliage. To say I was amazed, is an understatement.

Adoreable Housing

What A "RUSH"!

by Seabiscuit Updated Jun 18, 2005

Katmo, Hotsters, Ms. Beee & I took off for a little adventure 'round town. Now, y'all know what I think of architecture, and I'm sure this may be redundant, but, personally, I don't care. This is "Chicago" through *my* eyes! We walked from one end of Rush Street to the other (and, of course, I sweat like a spiggot, so it was interesting to say the least). Amazingly, we happened upon a Tee-Vee station I installed, and I had forgotten all about it. Not sure of the call letters, but it was an NBC station. How could I forget this? (Easily, baybay, very easily)

NBC-Land

Cool, Simply cool

by Seabiscuit Written Jun 19, 2005

Looking "up" is a privilege (without the pigeon poop in the eye). Everywhere you turn, is another sophistabitchin sight! Amazing, simply amazing...

Higher and higher