Airport Shuttles, Chicago

Know about this? Rate It!

Chicago, Chicago....
  • leics's Profile Photo

GO Airport Express

by leics Written Oct 4, 2012
    Chicago, Chicago....

I decided I didn't fancy taking the El out to O'Hare airport, not with bags and not when faced with a) probably long security lines at O'Hare (I was right) and b) a red-eye flight back to the UK.

So I splashed out (for me) and booked with GO Airport Express Shuttle.

The minivan picked me up from outside my hotel in the Loop within the 20-minute time zone allowed and conveyed me swiftly, comfortably, safely and courteously to the airport. There were a couple of other passengers, so we needed to stop at T3 before my terminal (5) but even so the ride was well worth the 29USD I paid for it (plus a small tip for the driver).

I'd definitely recommend using this service if you don't want to pay up for a taxi but don't fancy using public transport to/from the city.

Book online in advance via the website (you'll pay at the same time) and make sure you print off your email confirmation to give to the driver.

Although the website asks for your flight details and calculates your pick-up time, I suggest you book a van well at least a couple of hours in advance of your check-in time just in case there is traffic congestion.

And I completely forgot to take a photo of the van. Sorry! :-)

• Singles
    • Seniors

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Shuttle from Terminal 5 to your hotel

by cochinjew Written Sep 8, 2012

Arrived today from London, in less than one minute through the immigration(global entry) and customs but had to wait for a long time for the bus to the Comfort Suites. then i realized that some of the hotels wouldnt send their shuttle unless they are called. Went inside to look for a pay phone and not having used one in ages i lost about a dollar trying to call the hotel . only then did they come and pick you up . Upscale hotels had regular shuttles

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Airport Shuttle

by goingsolo Updated Apr 4, 2011

Chicago

Chicago's two airports are quite a distance from downtown. In order to avoid the expense of taking a taxi from the airport to your hotel, there are a couple of options. One of these is the Continental Express airport shuttle. For a cost of $44 round trip (as of May, 2005), you can get round trip transportation from the airport to your hotel. The price is lower per person depending on the number of people in your group, so book reservations together if possible. You can either make reservations in advance or find one of the kiosks in the baggage claim area of the airport, book the trip and then take the next departing shuttle. The trip takes up to an hour since it stops at several hotels and it depends on when it stops at yours. The shuttles also stop at most major downtown hotels at least once an hour, but its a good idea to confirm the shuttle stop times or to make a reservation for return transportation in advance.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Go Airport Express

by machomikemd Updated Nov 4, 2010

the shuttle

the cheapest shared van ride in chicago, owned by the city, it costs $ 51 round trip to my hotel. Go Aiport Shuttle express is the best and cheapest way to go to and from the O hare and midway airports of chicago since they offer the cheapest shared van shuttle service in the chicago and suburban areas than other airport shuttles. you can pay in advance at their website or just purchase round trip tickets at the arrival booths of both O hare Aiports and Midway Airports and just call them at their number 1 day in advance to pick up up for your departure to the airports.

Address is:1200 West 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60608, United States

• Jefie's Profile Photo

The easiest way to get to downtown Chicago

by Jefie Written Oct 12, 2008

GO Airport Express shuttle at Chicago O'Hare

If you arrive by plane and really don't feel like lugging your suitcase on the train, getting on a GO Airport Express shuttle probably is the most convenient way to get to your hotel in downtown Chicago. Their counters are located in the baggage claim areas and for $27 (or less if you're traveling with other people), they'll take you straight to your hotel - it's therefore a better option than going by taxi, especially since you don't have to worry about the fare running high if you get stuck in traffic. The minivans fit about 8 people so you might have to make a few stops depending on where your hotel is located compared with the other passengers' hotels. On a relatively traffic-free day, it can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes to reach your hotel. It's also possible to buy a return ticket if you want the shuttle to pick you up at the end of your stay. Online reservations are available, but not required.

• MyShareRide.com -Transportation to O'Hare & Midway

by gxj007 Written Jul 30, 2007

MyShareRide.com allows travelers to share town cars to O'Hare and Midway for less than the cost of a cab. You're paired with only 1 or 2 passengers, so the total commute time is really short. It's a cool site that allows you to get town car service for about the same cost as an airport shuttle.

• Singles

• Chicago O'hare airport shuttle

by leduche Written Sep 29, 2006

This site provide useful info about Chicago airports (Midway and O'hare), maps and online reservation for transfer to Chicago downtown hotels - The service is operated by Airport Express - One of the local best transportation service provider.
    I didn't use it but a friend of mine recommended it as beeing "Cool" ...
    www.chicago-airport-shuttle.com

• Seniors

• keida84's Profile Photo

An Executive car for a reasonable price

by keida84 Updated Dec 16, 2005

Better than taking the local pumpkin

I chose "DMV Logistics, inc" to drive me to and from Chicago's O'Hare airport. This was a very nice service and they had the best rates which included gratuity.

I had been a bit apprehensive in regards to the weight of my luggage. I bought lighter weight luggage for just this reason. I did not have to struggle on and off a crowded shared bus going to many other hotels before mine. I arrived on time, collected my luggage and went to the middle median strip to await the driver. He was prompt, courteous and knowledgeable about Chicago. The vehicle was a Town Car which was most comfortable and quiet. I got to and from the airport with the greatest of ease.

On the return trip the company called me and arranged an earlier pick up time as the weather was trying to turn nasty. It was perfect for me as I had garnered a late check out time I could then stay in my room until the very last minute.

Next time you are in Chicago and need a ride, I highly recommend DMV Logistics

• Women's Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• Paulie_D's Profile Photo

Shuttle - Continental Airport Express

by Paulie_D Updated Oct 14, 2003

I found this company after some helpful VT'ers responded to a query in the Forum.

I booked a one-way trip from O'Hare to my hotel ($21) via their web based rservation service and was pleasantly suprised not to be asked to pay up-front.

On arrival at O'Hare, I found my way to their booth outside Terminal 5. It's was't very well marked and I had to check to make sure I wasn't in the wrong place but the attendant confirmed that I had found them.

I said that I had made a reservation but no effort was made to check this, he merely wanted to know whether I had already paid. When I said not, he stated the price and I paid.

After a 20 minute wait, the shuttle van arrived and the other customers and I were loaded in.

You don't really need details of the journey except to say that the driver knew his way around and was polite and happy to talk to visitors. He confirmed that a taxi would have cost at least twice the price of a shuttle.

To summarise, the operation seemed a little slipshod & disorgained but, overall, I have no complaints. I would recommend

Instant Answers: Chicago