Other Crimes, Chicago

by TravellerMel
  • Other Crimes
    by cwhit21
  • TravellerMel's Profile Photo

SIX DOLLARS For Bottled Water???

by TravellerMel Updated Oct 25, 2010

How Thirsty are You??

Be forwarned - if you stay at a Chicago-area Marriott, they charge $6 (that's right - SIX DOLLARS!) for a large bottle of water. DO NOT drink the bottles they leave in the room - the charge will automatically be added to your bill at checkout.

Now, I travel enough to understand hotel's charge more for standard items, and I don't mind paying a little more for the convenience of having something already in my room. But paying $6 for a bottle of water which would only be $1.50 in the store and $3-4 at a fair/concert/festival, well, that's just highway robbery IMHO!

• cwhit21's Profile Photo

The NUT!

by cwhit21 Written May 9, 2007

After purchasing the bag of peanuts at the Cubs game I dug in. Middle bag I came accross this NUT! The triple mutant peanut. After passing it between the friends I opted to eat it. We deemed it safe! It was fiesty, but quite filling.

• EXPEDIA US - total rubbish

by SAM-E Written Oct 26, 2007

Be careful when you book with expedia - if your flight is cancelled then you lose your booking fee - refunds can take 90 days - they wont call you back - constantly hassle with flight changes and incompitent service --- they give the wrong information - you might as well book direct with airline as you end up having to call them anyway to get things sorted

• Business Travel

• Robbery, Violent Crime is Common

by Robotaz Written Feb 3, 2008

I was robbed within 45 minutes of arriving in Chicago. We were outside the popular pizza place, Gino's East, in the middle of downtown with people all around. I had a gun, but chose not to use it because I didn't want my fiance to be scarred worse than she already is. I also figured the cops would do anything to destroy the out of towner who had to do their job for them. My advice is, unless you carry a .44 mag or larger, do not be stupid enough to visit this town unless you have a death wish. My visit to Chicago was by far the worst day of my life. Don't be fooled by all of the ignorant and wishful comments about Chicago being safe and clean because it's the farthest thing from it that I have seen in my life. I have been to New York City several times, LA, lived in Phoenix, Houston, Dallas, DC, etc, and this place tops them all on the "Never take me there again" list. Cops were nonexistant while we were there.

• Seniors