Elgin Travel Guide

KIP WINGER
    by oznztofro

Elgin Things to Do

• by Elginite Updated Aug 6, 2003

Lords Park has a beautiful landscape with a zoo for all ages. There is a pavillion where all types of events can take place... Weddings,
    reunions, music of all sorts. over 10 acres of park with majestic oak trees, maple,ash,hickory, and evergreens.
    A must see!

Elgin Hotels

Elgin Restaurants

• by oznztofro Updated Jun 28, 2010

I was attending the melodic rock rest out in Elgin at the roadhouse

was hugnry so a lass waitress gave me a menu

I ordered a big ham & pinapple pizza

they were out of ham so i just went for a plain cheese pizza

& boy it was the best cheese pizza i ever had

Favorite Dish: I love the Pizza because they are big & A GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY when your hungry

• Music

Elgin Nightlife

• by rucaptivating Written Sep 21, 2011

This is a comfy lounge that has fabulous martinis - too many to choose from, but the "Life is Good," "Guava," "Mangotini," "Citrus Burst," and "Blueberry Pomegranate" are favorites...hard to go wrong on this menu. Excellent place to bring a date on a slower night. They have DJ's on weekends after 10.

Staff is friendly, owner is nice.

Dress Code: business casual

• Singles
    • Business Travel

• by StellarK Written Jul 27, 2005

I always have fun at JB's Pub. The Karaoke is great because there's always a cheerful crowd. Come thirsty for fun, food and drink. Remember to call a cab if you're too drunk to drive.

Dress Code: Wear whatever you'd like. Come after, durring or before work. No shirt, no shoes, no service.

• Elgin Hotels

11 Hotels in Elgin

44 Reviews and Opinions

Elgin Transportation

• by oznztofro Updated Jun 20, 2010

I went to Chicago on may 2nd 2010 to attend Melodic rock fest out in Elgin.

It was hell to get there

The transport in chicago was great the subway took me to a bus station then i took the bus out the train station.

The train to elgin only ran every 2 hours on the weekends

So i wait 1 hour 25 minutes untill my train arrived

I arrived in Elgin & i had to find a taxi to take me to the Motel

Once i arrived at my hotel i got changed & freshened up.

I then started walking out the the venue in the city area. I was walking underneath freeways & through forests & side street to get there

The gig was awesome but i couldnt seem to find a taxi. Untill i found a hotel shuttle for the hotel next door.

The enxt day i got up 7am & got a taxi to the train station. the trains only run every 50 minutes so i missed my flight to buffalo

fare is $5

• Trains

• hokeypokey's Profile Photo

by hokeypokey Written Jul 5, 2003

Metra has several daily services to Elgin from Chicago Union Station. It takes about 90 minutes with several suburban stops.
    Oneway fares are around 4.75 USD but there are weekend passes for 5.00 USD. Good all weekend for all metra lines.

• Trains

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Elgin? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Elgin

Comments

Elgin Travel Guide
Map of Elgin