Grayslake Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Grayslake

• Grayslake Feed: Paw Naturaw Organic, Raw, Frozen Diets for Dogs

by Raw4Pet Written Jan 29, 2008

Grayslake Feed

What to buy: Paw Naturaw, America's first line of USDA certified organic, raw, frozen diets for dogs. They carry Grass Fed Organic Bison, Organic Beef, Organic Turkey, and Organic Chicken Diets. Each diet is complete and balanced for dogs of all life stages. The company even maintains a focus on bettering Pets, People, and the Planet. See more about Paw Naturaw at http://www.PawNaturaw.com.

What to pay: Paw Naturaw starts at $3.99

• Grayslake Feed: Organic, Raw, Frozen Diets for Dogs

by Raw4Pet Written Jan 29, 2008

Grayslake Feed

What to pay: Paw Naturaw starts at $3.99

Shoo Fly Fabrics, Quilts: For Quality Fabrics for Quilts

Shoo Fly Fabrics, Quilts

My friend, Jill Martin told me about Shoofly Fabrics, Quilts & Such Shop in Grayslake. She speaks very highly of it and its owner.

It certainly is a darling shop. As you can see from the photo, it is housed in a "house"! The website if excellent, and shopping is available via the net.
    They really encourage people to shop locally and even promote other shops in Grayslake.

Even though I am not a quilter myself, I enjoyed visiting this delightful shop.

Shop Hours:
    Monday through Saturday: 10:00 am until 4:00 pm

What to buy: Shoofly Fabrics, Quilts & Such offer high quality fabrics from Thimbleberries, Moda, Robyn Pandolph, South Seas Imports, and Jinny Beyer, plus many others. They also sell Handi Quilter HQ 16 Home Long Arm Quilting Machines.

If you check out the web, you will see all the activities, special events, and merchandise available.

What to pay: Prices are in line with most Quilt shops.

• Seniors

• deecat's Profile Photo

The Cottage House: For Unique Gifts, Visit....

Cottage House Shoppe

I've visited The Cottage House several times. It's the kind of store I love to shop in and to return again and again. First off, it smells so good when you walk inside. Even though there is a huge amount of merchandise, it is attractively displayed and does not appear to be cluttered. Merchandise is constantly updated, which I like.

The owner is personable and helpful. I think that whoever does the buying certainly knows what women like.

When I was there on Market Day, there were two tables of merchandise outside with items at half price. Many of the items were Holiday Items, probably from last year's merchandise. But, there were some cute items.

What to buy: There is far too much available to mention it all, but the store does specialize in all kinds of holiday items. They are big on Halloween and Christmas. However, they have merchandise for throughout the year. I saw items for almost all rooms in the house plus a few decorative items for the garden. I also noted a huge display of candles (especially Warm Glow Candles) and some collectibles.

What to pay: Prices are certainly higher than department stores. I would have to really like a person to purchase them a gift from here, keeping price in mind. If I really loved an item, I would pay the extra price for the quality.

• deecat's Profile Photo

de.co.rum: For Lovely Home Accessories....

de.co.rum shop in Grayslake

I was really impressed when I visited the home decor store called de.co.rum.
    I was pleased with the wide array of merchandise, which was attractively displayed. I saw many items that were unique and that I had not seen in any other store.

The people who work there are helpful but not annoying. The prices seemed fair for the quality offered.

There were several local people shopping there the day that I visited, and the owner seemed to know them by name.

I think that I would return if and when I wish to purchase something for my home or for a gift for a special friend.

What to buy: The store has glasses, wall hangings, picture frames, clocks, lamps, some collectibles, candles, candle holders, some jewelery, lots of metal, glass, and wooden items to display in a home, and too many other items too numerous to mention.

What to pay: I saw no "tacky" items in this store. It was all high quality. The prices were higher than in a department or outlet store, but they were not unreasonable.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Grayslake Feed Sales: For All Kinds of Animals.....

by deecat Updated Aug 25, 2006

Sign for Grayslake Feed Sales

I always drive to Grayslake to visit the Grayslake Feed Sales to purchase all my Bird Feed, as do many other people. Why? It is simple; their prices are the best; their service is superior; their products are excellent.

It is interesting to note that they cater to birds, rabbits, cats, dogs, horses, and livestock. You can buy in large quantity and save money. Grayslake Feed Sales offers more than just animal feed. They also have lawn and garden supplies, general home items (water softner salt and cleaners, for example), gates, and fencing.

What I like most about Grayslake Feed Sales is that it is a family owned business, and they have been serving Grayslake and the area for 62 years!

For people who buy in really large quantities, it's good to know that they will deliver throughout Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin.

What to buy: I always buy a 25 pound bag of sunflower hearts (just the kernels), and I also purchas 10 pound bags of Niger Thistle for the yellow Finches. I cannot get these items anywhere else in such large quantities and for the price.

I've also purchased products for my cat here. They offer:
    Specialty Food, Cages, Flea/Tick Control, Toys, Health Products, and Treats.

zI have a friend who owns a rabbit, and this is where they purchased products for him.

What to pay: I paid $14.00 for 25 pounds of Sunflower Hearts. That is a real deal.
    I pad about $8.00 for Niger Thistle, which is also a great price.

• Farm Stay

Grayslake Pharmacy: For an Independent Pharmacy

by deecat Updated Aug 25, 2006

Grayslake Pharmacy

While visiting Grayslake, I decided to go inside the Grayslake Pharmacy on Center Street. I wanted to check it out because it is an independent pharmacy and looked from the outside to be similar to the Pharmacy that was there 43 years ago.

Not only is it a pharmacy, but it is also a gift shop and a Hallmark Store. I walked all around the two huge rooms and smiled to myself because it was so refreshing to see such a warm, wonderful, "downhome" kind of store. The people who worked there were so friendly and so helpful.

What to buy: At Grayslake Pharmacy, you can buy soda pop, candy, gifts of all kinds, cosmetics, personal products, and, of course, medications and vitamins.

In the second room, you will find a Hallmark Card Room with cards for every holiday, birthday, Get Well, Weddings, Showers, Anniverseries, Sympathy, invitations, etc. They also had clever gifts. I, myself, purchased a darling set of blank notecards to place on the refrigerator. In other words, they were in a pad with a magnet on the back. They are in the shape of a cat that looks just like my Sally Cat.

• deecat's Profile Photo

This Old Book Store: For New and Vintage Books....

by deecat Updated Aug 24, 2006

This Old Book Store

If you love books as much as I do, then you will be quite pleased with This Old Book store in Grayslake, Illinois.

This is a wonderful store that carries all types of books, both old and new. They even carry Out of Print books! If they don't have it, they will try to find it for you if you ask.

Also, they offer rare books, signed books, and first edition books. In addition, they have a Book Exchange, which is a rare offering in Lake County.

This shop has been open since 2003, and it is owned by Dick Navarre. He had bought and sold books online for about five years before he opened this store.

This Old Book Store is Dick's realization of a long-time dream. That's probably why this is such a delightful place to shop. Dick is passionate about books and about helping his patrons to find books, regardless of how rare.

What to buy: What I really like about This Old Book Store was the fact that it was clean, bright, and ORANIZED. So often, when you look for old and/or rare books, it is musty, dirty, and dark...a real turnoff.

They have a wonderful selection of Children's books, and those of you who know me realize that I am a great one to encourage children to read.

As an avid reader myself (about one book every 2-3 days), I'm always on the outlook for books, and I especially like buying less expensive used books. Well, this is the perfect place.

I cannot stress enough how wonderful this store is and how much more delightful than the "big box" book stores.

What to pay: This depends on what you purchase. Rare books are just what they say...rare; thus, they are more expensive.

Instant Answers: Grayslake

Comments

Grayslake Shopping

Reviews and photos of Grayslake shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Grayslake sightseeing.