Lansing Travel Guide

Marie & Co. Wine Tasting!
    by Marisola

Lansing Things to Do

• Marisola's Profile Photo

by Marisola Updated Mar 20, 2008

I love wine, and although I have been studying (tasting) for a while, there's still so much more to know!!! Santori's liquors has a wine tasting every month, that I always try to attend. For any level of wine knowledge, it's a great way to find out what you like... before you buy! The dress is smart casual, and it only costs $5 bucks. Besides wines, they sometimes serve beers and other liquors, too. You're bound to find something you like! Phone for dates/times.

Marie & Co. Wine Tasting!
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Lansing Hotels

Lansing Restaurants

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Updated Feb 19, 2005

Last visit 2/18/05

I had heard about this place for years as an undiscovered gem in the suburbs so when someone my husband knew said that he worked here as a waiter we decided to try it.

The portions are not huge like they are at most of the downtown Chicago Italian restaurants but it is an ample portion for a meal, just not enough leftovers for two more days of dining. The prices are acoordingly more modest than downtown Chicago prices.

There is a smoking and non smoking section, the non smoking section is a small room decorated with a Mona Lisa mosaic and a fresco type painting of some hill town in Italy. It's not fine dining, no linen tableclothes or napkins, but the food and service are both good and it is frequently packed.

Favorite Dish: The penne porcini is delicious, my husband and I always argue over who gets to order it but I always win since ladies always order first :-)

Creme brulee is a good end to dinner.

The fried calamari here is OK but not nearly as good as other places I've tried it.

There is a nice selection of wine, I'm not sure if there is a full bar since I've never tried to order a mixed drink.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Updated Sep 8, 2004

Last visit 9/4/04

Dixie Kitchen, a Hyde Park institution, opened another location in Lansing, IL (there's also one in Evanston). It is much, much larger than the original location and although we occasionally have to wait, the wait is never very long.

Favorite Dish: I think the food is just as good as the original location. I always order the same thing, a shrimp po' boy and breaded oysters for an appetizer.

• Lansing Hotels

10 Hotels in Lansing

Instant Answers: Lansing

Comments

Lansing Travel Guide
Map of Lansing