Metropolis Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Metropolis

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Fat Edd's Roadhouse: Fat Edd's Roadhouse

by butterflykizzez04 Written May 19, 2014

Okay, We said we were going to cookout today, stop at a Piggly Wiggly and grill a hot dog or something...well we didn't...We stopped to check out the Statue of Superman, and I saw this restaurant in an awesome old building on the Main drag....

So, you know me and buildings...I had to stop!!
    Of course, Tony doesn't *** because he can usually grab a much needed BEER in his eyes...

So, we went in and OMG...the decor is stellar!!
    It has the bar on one side and the other is the grilling food area...divided down the middle with high dark wood booths...and the bar is matching dark wood..maybe Oak, maybe Mahogany..but GORGEOUS...

The waitress seated us and brought us some peanuts. Explained we can walk over and order from the grill (menu on the wall) and they call out your number. She takes the drink order...he ordered a PBR and I ordered a sweet tea with lemon and lime. After Tony came back from the bathroom, I went over and ordered the "Messy Eddy Dawg" which was twin dogs in a basket smoothered with Chili and Cheese..for only $5.30 with taxes for both..left a $1 tip in the jug.

Our drinks were $4.00 so I gave her a $1 tip..not bad for lunch or a quick bite..whatever you want to call it.

In the back under the old staircase there are a few gambling machines for 21 yrs and older. It is roped off. The casino is down the street so this is a gambling town. The machines are Slots (of course) in the adjoining room is some additional tables, TVs and pool tables. It is a really large and nice area to eat and enjoy your family and friends.

The building used to be a General Store at one time. There is also a side outside eating area. I will definitely go here again to eat and drink and enjoy a good time in Metropolis, Illinois..

• Singles
    • Beer Tasting

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Willy Jak's: Maybe having an off-night

by TravellerMel Written Oct 29, 2009

Came here on a recommendation from a local, who said they had the best burgers and shrimp in town. The look of the place reminded me of Carlos n Charlie's and Margaritaville - and it is a bar. During dinner hours, you must be 21 to enter.

I was there for lunch, and the place was hopping. It took about 20 minutes for the waitress to take my order, and probably another 40 for it to be delivered. I was dining alone and was hungry, so it seemed like an eternity.

Favorite Dish: The burger was underdone to my taste, and the fries arrived cold. About the only thing to my liking was the beer...

To be fair, I have had several people rave to me about this place, so it may have been a combination of me being hungry and in a bad mood, and Willy Jak's being very busy and maybe having an off night which lead to my unfavorable experience. If I was dining with someone else, I might try it again, based on the number of good reviews. If I do, and my mind is changed, I will amend/update this review.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Super City Dippin' Dots: This Ice Cream is SUPER! (Sorry - it was too easy)

by TravellerMel Written Oct 29, 2009

The signs say this is the Planet's largest Dippin' Dots store, and they offer something like 30 flavors, including some only available at this location like "Lois Lime" and "Clark Kent's Cookies n' Cream".

For those who are not familiar with Dippin' Dots, it is tiny frozen pellets of ice cream. We used to call it "Spaceman's ice cream", but that may have been because of the pictures on the side of the machines which would vend it at the movie theatres. Very tasty, and affordable.

Favorite Dish: I got the watermelon ice and was very happy.

Instant Answers: Metropolis

Comments

Metropolis Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Metropolis restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Metropolis sightseeing.