Metropolis Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Metropolis

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Super City Dippin' Dots: This Ice Cream is SUPER! (Sorry - it was too easy)

by TravellerMel Written Oct 29, 2009

The signs say this is the Planet's largest Dippin' Dots store, and they offer something like 30 flavors, including some only available at this location like "Lois Lime" and "Clark Kent's Cookies n' Cream".

For those who are not familiar with Dippin' Dots, it is tiny frozen pellets of ice cream. We used to call it "Spaceman's ice cream", but that may have been because of the pictures on the side of the machines which would vend it at the movie theatres. Very tasty, and affordable.

Favorite Dish: I got the watermelon ice and was very happy.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Willy Jak's: Maybe having an off-night

by TravellerMel Written Oct 29, 2009

Came here on a recommendation from a local, who said they had the best burgers and shrimp in town. The look of the place reminded me of Carlos n Charlie's and Margaritaville - and it is a bar. During dinner hours, you must be 21 to enter.

I was there for lunch, and the place was hopping. It took about 20 minutes for the waitress to take my order, and probably another 40 for it to be delivered. I was dining alone and was hungry, so it seemed like an eternity.

Favorite Dish: The burger was underdone to my taste, and the fries arrived cold. About the only thing to my liking was the beer...

To be fair, I have had several people rave to me about this place, so it may have been a combination of me being hungry and in a bad mood, and Willy Jak's being very busy and maybe having an off night which lead to my unfavorable experience. If I was dining with someone else, I might try it again, based on the number of good reviews. If I do, and my mind is changed, I will amend/update this review.

Instant Answers: Metropolis

Comments

Metropolis Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Metropolis restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Metropolis sightseeing.